It's the year 2014, and after going through extreme economical crisis, many Japanese are forced to emigrate to China. The story begins showing a few orphans stealing to survive. Unfortunately, they decide to steal from a mobster and get caught. One of the orphans, named Sho, meets a vampire who is near death. After saving the vampire, Kei (Hyde), he saves the orphans from the wrath of the Gangster.
Fast forward in time. Sho (Gackt) is a young man now, and he and his orphan friends are still stealing to survive. They've upgraded their tactics now, and gunfights ensue. Kei has decided to serve as a mentor to the group, and his superhuman abilities prove valuable. The group meet a Taiwanese man, Son, and learn that he is trying to take revenge on the gangsters for raping his sister, Yi-Che. The orphans decide to team up with him, and a friendship is formed.
The rest of the movie follows this group through their lives, showing the hardships they face, and how their bonds grow or diminish over time.
- Badass Longcoat: Sho's white coat.
- Big No: Kei, when Sho is dying in his arms.
- Blood From the Mouth: Toshi and Sho
- Cute Mute: Yi-che
- Died in Your Arms Tonight: Toshi dies in Sho’s arms. Later subverted with Sho himself, see Emergency Transformation.
- Damsel in Distress: Yi-Che.
- Dueling Stars Movie: It's unlikely this movie came to be for any other reason than to get Gackt and Hyde together onscreen.
- Emergency Transformation: What Kei does to Sho in order to save his life in the end.
- Gangsta Style: coupled with Guns Akimbo
- Hot Shoujo Dad: Sho.
- Kill'Em All: Everyone is dead at the end of the movie, except for Hana.
- Love Triangle: Sho loves Yi-che (and Kei). Yi-che loves Kei. Kei loves Sho, and has a sort-of fondness for Yi-che.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: Gay vampire gangsters of the future!
- Our Vampires Are Different
- Rape as Backstory: Yi-che
- Rule of Cool: All of the fight scenes rely on this.
- Strange Salute: Sho, Kei, and Toshi have their own special salute when greating each other or saying goodbye.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: Well not Kei and Luka at least. And not Sho either.