- Fan-Preferred Couple: Go to fanficition.net. Half of all the fanfiction for Moon Child will be about Kei and Sho. The other half will be Gackt and Hyde.
- Ho Yay: Sho and Kei are very close. To the point that Kei suggests they should "Spend more time apart."
- Special Effect Failure: When they burn at the end.
- Though, to be fair, the only person we actually see burning in the entire movie is Luka. Way before the end.
- Tear Jerker: Toshi's death and many moments after the nine-year timeskip, including Kei's prison scene where he calmly asks to be thrown into the sunlight, Sho's "death" at the hands of Son, Yi-che's inability to recognise that her husband was not Kei but Sho after she got the tumor, Sho begging Kei to come save him because he had no idea what to do anymore, and several more. God damn, I cry every time I watch this movie.