My Breasts Are Down Here
The [dating tips] book also said that if you're a girl, then you should wear a dangley necklace and play with it, because then it will draw the guy's attention to your BREASTS. It's a great tip, because otherwise guys wouldn't even notice them! On account of how they're too busy checking out your personality?
(Almost) Everyone appreciates big breasts. And of course, large breasts are an ever-popular choice for female characters. Sometimes the creator doesn't stop with just making a woman busty—they'll give her an outfit that pulls the audience's glance inevitably to her rack. We're not talking about Stripperific, Cleavage Window, Underboobs, Sideboob, Absolute Cleavage, or Impossibly Low Neckline here. This trope uses visual trickery to pull the gaze, and doesn't depend on the viewer's fascination with breasts.
There are several ways to achieve this, but circle-shaped motifs on/around the breasts is a classic type. Usually combined with bikini, Breast Plate, and Belly Dancer tops (nipple tassels ahoy). May or not end up in Torpedo Tits. The opposite of this trope is My Eyes Are Up Here.
- Appears often related to examples of Belly Dancer
- In the One Piece manga, we have Nefertari Vivi's first outfit. It's about as justified as any of One Piece's other ridiculous fighting styles; she belly dances, and the pattern mesmerizes and dizzies opponents. It was changed to a striped one in the anime.
- Haruka Gracia from Basquash
- Bouquet from the Blue Dragon anime sports in the second season a pink outfit with a circle pattern just on her impressive chest.
- In a Lupin III episode, Fujiko ends up dressed as a belly dancer, and her bra has flowers on the nipple area. Her panties too have one.
- The Clown Kaguya from Soul Eater is technically naked, but still feels the need to have circles tattooed on her breasts.
- Fairy Tail gives us Libra, who is a belly dancer Gravity Master, and Arania Web, a minor character with dual spider web patterns on her chest.
- Valkyries in The Mighty Thor
- Raven Hex from Tarot: Witch of the Black Rose
- In the Italian strip comic Sturmtruppen, the crossdressing spy soldier Otto wears a Belly Dancer outfit with such a bra.
- Ms. Fanservice Cixi from Lanfeust sports a spiral-shaped bikini once.
- Tank Girls famous torpedo bra, made with real torpedoes!
- Non fanservicey example: The large woman from Modern Times has two large, suggestive buttons placed on her chest area.
- Played for laughs in one of The Naked Gun movies: in that case it had even flashlights on the top in case the pattern wasn't allusive enough.
- Also Played for Laughs in The Wild Wild West, when Jim West dresses up as a belly dancer, with spinning tassels.
- In Ever After Rodmilla purchases the largest brooch she can find for her daughter Marguerite to wear exactly below her cleavage.
- In Girls Town, Mamie van Doren's Silver Morgan wears a dress that accentuates her large bosom.
Mike Nelson: A subtle evening gown that says LOOK AT THIS!
Jeffrey: You have beautiful eyes.
Ariel: They're nothing compared to my tits.
- Xena: Warrior Princess has this, overlapping with Breast Plate.
- Laurie's "Ohio" T-shirt from Cougar Town.
"I've never been to Ohio, but I do love this shirt because the O's frame my boobs perfectly, and it says 'hi' in the middle!"
- In the Season 3 premiere of Angel, the title character returns from Sri Lanka with a necklace for Cordelia.
Cordelia: Oh my gosh, it's gorgeous! And look how it bring out my breasts!
(Wes, Gunn, and Angel glance around awkwardly)
Cordelia: You know you were all thinkin' it.
- 30 Rock. Hazel in one episode has her page jacket open and invokes the Trope verbatim. She then says, "Why don't you take a picture? It'll last longer," then proceeds to hand out 8x10's of herself with her jacket open.
- The Red Mantis Assassin depicted in the Pathfinder rulebook and Inner Sea World Guide has a red-and-black cross design on her outfit which draws the reader's attention to her breasts.
- In World of Warcraft, the Paladin's Tier 8 armor has a chest piece which creates such an effect if worn by female characters.
- In Bug Too in some of the Lawrence of Arachnia levels there are amazon-like ants with massive, circled boobs.
- The local Ms. Fanservice and Belly Dancer Rouge from Power Stone when she goes One-Winged Angel. Here's a link.
- Jynx in Pokémon