Naruto/Fanfic Recs/Continuation Fics
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Naruto Continuations, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, in alphabetical order, but remember to use the template found here.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
- Recommended by: Dellanotte
- Status: Complete
- Pairings: Neji/Tenten, Naruto/Hinata
- Synopsis: "Due to a deathbed promise, inexperienced Neji ends up with an instant son. Enter Tenten, the longlost teammate who poses as a birdbrain nanny for her jounin mission, beginning a tale of love, betrayal, and stinky diapers."
- Recommended by Kurtulmak
- Synopsis: Naruto is Hokage, as he has been for the past decade, and enjoys the beautiful day as he checks in with all his old age mates. After all, he knows it's his last day.
- Comments: This oneshot presents an epilogue that's almost too happy and perfect... which only makes Naruto's never ending happy facade all the more heartbreaking. You will cry.
The Butterfly Effect by The Scarlett Ribbon
- Recommended by Alleyway Kat
- Synopsis: There had been something like an understanding between them once, he thinks; the potential for something more. But with the memory of her shaking kunai and his maniacal laughter between them, neither can help but wonder if it is too late to go back.
- Comments: This is what happens after the War with Madara. Sasuke is back with the village, sorta, and Sakura is his attourny. It mainly focuses on Team 7's relationship after the war, the problems from the begining of their sorta friendship and the after effects of Sakura getting mindraped by Madara. It's little bit slow paced but it's very well written and definitely worth a read.
In The Blood by justplainrii
- Recommended by indigohalf
- Synopsis: 27 years after the end of the Fourth Shinobi World War, Sasuke has gotten married, started a family, and is about as good at it as you'd expect, when he meets a young boy who strikingly resembles a long-dead Itachi. Later, a red-haired kid appears at the gates of the village, demanding to be taught ninjutsu. Naruto hits it off with the kid alarmingly quickly when it turns out they're related - suggesting that the Itachi look-alike may not be a coincidence, either. The fic is a slowly unfurling mystery firmly grounded in the setting of Konoha and full of familiar faces—canon characters and their children who all have problems of their own.
- Now has its own tropes page!!
In the Breaking by eminyet
- Recommended by Sebazu
- Synopsis: Akatsuki lies broken and Naruto hates the world. Where does he go from here?
- Comments: Just the way it portrays naruto's gradually recovering sanity makes it worth.
- Recommended by Kurtulmak
- Now has its own tropes page.
- Pairings: Naruto x Sakura.
- Synopsis: Upon returning home from his failed mission to retrieve Sasuke and finding about Jiraiya's death, Naruto gains new responsibilities and a new set of priorities when a girl shows up on his doorstep pregnant.
Naruto: Hitoshirezu Years by Peace Writer v.2.5
- Recommended by Dorian
- Synopsis: Set during the timeskip, Hanabi Hyuga starts her journey on her path to becoming a ninja. With her teammates Kaji and Wasumaru, and Shintaro, her jonin teacher, they strive to become the best, navigating the twists and turns along the way.
- Comments: Starts from the academy, and then quickly picks up after that. The fic has been praised for its fight scenes and for the original characters.
New Blood by JFalcon
- Recommended by Crazywannabee
- Pairings: Shikamaru/Temari
- Synopsis: A Naruto futurefic that is best summed up with the word "epic". It's got Loads and Loads of Characters—many of the main characters of the current Naruto continuity now all have three-man genin teams of their own, and there are characters from the other hidden villages.
- Recommended by Kagescorpionakki
- Pairings: Minor Naruto x Sakura, mostly Naruto x Anko
- Synopsis: Decades after the end of the series, Naruto is now the leader of the Village Hidden in the Spring, - a place full of alcoholics and missing ninja - illegally, of course. Sakura comes to tell him that Tsunade is recalling him for the Chunin Exams. Hilarity Ensues.
- Recommended by Kurtulmak
- Pairings: Sasuke x Sakura (minor Naruto x Hinata as well)
- Synopsis: Sasuke, now leader of Sound four years after killing Orochimaru and Itachi, comes to Konoha to settle peace. His one ironclad demand for the treaty? Haruno Sakura. A fic about Sakura's year in Sound.
- Comments: A well-written romance fic for a relationship that gets off to a very rocky start for the two. The story takes place almost entirely from Sakura's point of view for the first half and very well portrays how frustrating it is to try to read past Sasuke's stoic facade of apathy. Completed, with epilogue.
Piece of the Puzzle by Blue Baby Blanket
- Recommended by Killing Curse Eyes
- Pairings: Sasuke/Sakura, Naruto/Momo(oc)
- Synopsis: Sakura married Sasuke. After their wedding Naruto gets word of Akatsuki preparing for war and leaves to take them on all by himself. He wins, but ends up in a coma for years. Upon awakening, he meets Sakura and Sasuke's eldest daughter, Uchiha Momo, who decides that Naruto, the man her parents respect most, is the man for her. WIP
- Comments: The story starts with Naruto telling his children about how him and their mother got together. At first Momo is only 12, but it's mostly one-sided romance until she gets older. Has some fan art.
Salutary Neglect by Thundereaper
- Recommended by Red Viking
- Pairings: Naruto/Tayuya
- Synopsis: Determined not to have anyone sacrifice themselves for his sake ever again, Naruto leaves Konoha after the incident with Hidan and Kakuzu, and makes a living off collecting the bounties of other missing-nins. Along the way, he just might discover a new nindo to follow along with new precious people to protect, and that this new purpose was his true calling all along.
Training for the Job by Desaix
- Recommended by Much Good Little Time
- Pairings: Naruto/Sakura
- Synopsis: Naruto's quest to become Hokage.
- Comments: Dead Fic
Trial by Leaves by Arc The Jedi
- Recommended by Shay Caron
- Synopsis: Begins several years after the series. Naruto's comrades aren't sure he's ready to become the next Hokage yet, so each one arranges a test concerning one quality they feel is important for him to have.
White Rain by Zapenstap
- Recommended by Nitramy
- Pairings: Sasuke / Sakura
- Synopsis: A mysterious woman arrives in Konoha seeking asylum for herself...and Itachi's children. As Hokage, Naruto wants to trust her. Sasuke struggles with suspicion. Sakura struggles with Sasuke. Desperate to protect his family, Itachi's son becomes a Leaf-Nin.
- Now has a tropes page!