This Work page is a stub. You can help All The Tropes by expanding it.
A heartful comedy opens for business!
Nekopara (ネコぱら) is a Japanese adult Visual Novel series developed by Neko Works and published by Sekai Project. The series is set in a world where humans live alongside catgirls, known as "Nekos", and are able to keep them as pets.
Kashou Minaduki is an aspiring chef who moves away from home to open his own confection shop. While he is unpacking in his new shop, he discovers that two of his family's Nekos, Chocola and Vanilla, came along with him by hiding in cardboard boxes. After the two Nekos convince Kashou to let them stay and live with him, the three of them work together to run his shop, "La Soleil". Throughout the story, Kashou is frequently visited by his younger sister Shigure, as well as the other Nekos owned by his family.
An anime OVA adaptation was released in December 2017.
Games in the series
- Nekopara Vol. 1 (2014)
- Nekopara Vol. 0 (2015)
- Nekopara Vol. 2 (2016)
- Nekopara Vol. 3 (2017)
- Nekopara Extra (2018)
- Nekopara Vol. 4 (TBA)
- Bleached Underpants: On Vol. 1 and 2, the sex scenes have been removed from the All-Ages versions on Steam.
- Edible Theme Naming: All of the Minaduki catgirls are named after food. (Azuki is named after an Asian bean and maple trees are the source of maple syrup.)
- Gainaxing: A main feature of the games. It even has a slider for chest bounciness.
- Lego Genetics: Catgirls are made from splicing cat and human DNA.
- Maid Cafe: "La Soleil" serves as one, and the employed catgirls are dressed as Meido.
- Porn with Plot
- Super-Deformed: Some of the comedic CGs are drawn that way.
- Utsuge: Downplayed. The plot slides between comedy hijinks and sad realisations. The final scene of Vol. 1 is a prime example of this: as Kashou saves Chocola and Vanilla from being take away by a policewoman, the two catgirls cry in pain over what could have happened.
- From the Wikipedia article.