NiGHTS Into Dreams/Trivia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Big Name Fan: Shigeru Miyamoto, the creator of Mario and Zelda, has openly lauded this game as a masterpiece, saying it's the one game he wishes he could have made.
- Executive Meddling: NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams was being developed as an Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 title... until the development team was forced by Sega of Japan to retool the entire game for the Wii. The problem was that they weren't given enough time or budget to properly adjust the game, so they had to rush parts.
- Fake Brit: NiGHTS, Helen, Will and Reala in the second game.
- Killer App: As much as the Saturn ever had one.
- What Could Have Been: A boss named "Selph" (a play on the Jungian 'self') was planned for NiGHTS Into Dreams, as the one defined as "Myself I could never be exceeded", but was cut due to time.
- Cirque Du Soleil provided a large amount of inspiration for the game design of the original NiGHTS.
- NiGHTS into Dreams reflects the thoughts of Carl Jung, Sigmund Freud, Friedrich Holtz, and other scholars who researched dreams.
- The first person to play NiGHTS, other than the SEGA team, was Steven Spielberg. During the development of the NiGHTS game, he visited SEGA and they asked him to play with an experimental version of the new controller. Since then they called it the Spielberg controller.