Ninpuu Sentai Hurricaneger
"Unknown to the people,
Unknown to the world,
Striking at evil from the midst of shadows!"
Upon the graduation day of Hayate Way Ninja Academy, an alien ninja clan called the Jakanja descend on the school and kill the entire student body. The only survivors are three students who happened to be elsewhere doing remedial training.
Out of desperation, the three students are given the school's greatest honour so they can fight against the Jakanja: the power to become Hurricanger.
Adapted into Power Rangers Ninja Storm.
- Ninpuu Sentai Hurricanger: The greatest warriors of Hayate Ninja Academy. Uh, by default. To cover up their ninja identity, they blend in the society taking up normal jobs.
- Yōsuke Shina / Air Ninja, Hurricane Red: Idiot Hero, Determinator. Uses the guise of a cleaning worker when not doing ninja stuffs.
- Nanami Nono / Water Ninja, Hurricane Blue: The Chick. Her 'spare time' guise is an Idol Singer.
- Kōta Bitō / Land Ninja, Hurricane Yellow: Big Smart Guy. When not doing ninja things, he works in a daycare center, taking care of mostly the elderly.
- Denkosekka Gouraiger: A rival team to the Hurricanger. The Gouraiger are two brothers who are the only survivors of Ikazuchi Ninja Academy, a rival school to Hayate. Both disguise themselves as construction workers.
- Heaven Ninja, Shurikenger: A mysterious ninja who can really blend into the crowd; has a disposition for Gratuitous English.
- Mugensai Hinata: Head of the Hayate Academy. Mis-pronounced a ninjutsu and now spending his days as a hamster. Still kicks ass in his own proportions though.
- Oboro Hinata: Mugensai's daughter. Madam FixIt.
- Tauzant: The Big Bad.
- The Seven Spears of Darkness:
Recurring Super Sentai tropes:
- All Your Powers Combined: The Victory Gadget, once the Hurricangers and Gourangers work together.
- Triple Gadget: Combination of the Hurricanger's weapons.
- Double Gadget: Combination of the Gouraiger's weapons.
- Brought to You by The Letter "S": "H" is for Hurricaneger.
- By the Power of Greyskull: "Ninpuu - Shinobi Change!"
- "Jinrai - Shinobi Change!" for Goraigers.
- And "Tenkuu - Shinobi Change!" for Shurikenger.
- Calling Your Attacks
- Combination Attack: Chō Ninpō: Kage no Mai 
- Cool Bike: The Bari Thunder bikes for the Goraigers. The Hurricanegers themselves rode horses or used hang gliders called Wingers.
- Crossover: Hurricaneger vs. Gaoranger
- Custom Uniform
- Finishing Move
- Five-Man Band: The team solidifies with the addition of Ikkou and Isshu.
- Home Base
- Humongous Mecha
- A Mech by Any Other Name: The Shinobi Machines, which were all Animal Mecha (except for the Tenkujin).
- Combining Mecha: One for the Hurricanegers and another for the Goraigers.
- Hurricane Hawk + Hurricane Leon + Hurricane Dolphin = Senpūjin, which can transform into a lighter version called the Senpūjin Hurrier
- Gorai Beetle + Gorai Stag = Gōraijin
- Transforming Mecha: The Tenkūjin could transform between a robot or a helicopter.
- Mecha Expansion Pack: In addition to the Gōraijin and the Tenkūjin, which could combine with the Senpūjin or with themselves, the team also has the Revolver Mammoth, an animal mecha that launched "Karakuri Balls", which were capsules that stored additional parts for any of the above mechas. Karakuri Balls No. 7 and 8 could combine into a support robot called Fūraimaru, while Balls No. 15, 16 and 17 formed an animal mecha called the Tricondor. The Revolver Mammoth also served as a steed for the Gōrai Senpūjin or the Tenrai Senpūjin.
- Senpūjin + Gōraijin = Gōrai Senpūjin
- Senpūjin + Tenkūjin = Tenkū Senpūjin
- Gōraijin + Tenkūjin = Tenkū Gōraijin
- Gōrai Senpūjin + Revolver Mammoth = Revolver Gōrai Senpūjin
- Gōrai Senpūjin + Tricondor + Tenkūjin = Tenrai Senpūjin
- Tenrai Senpūjin + Revolver Mammoth = Revolver Tenrai Senpūjin
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: Each episode is called a "Scroll"; titles are in "<Noun1> and <Noun2>" format.
- In the Name of the Moon: The series' roll calls must be the longest ones in Super Sentai, considering each group has their own. But in retrospect, they're pretty awesome, owing to the poetic lines.
- The Hurricangers:
Yosuke: "The wind howls, the sky rages; Air Ninja, Hurricane Red!"
Nanami: "The water dances, the waves jump; Water Ninja, Hurricane Blue!"
Kouta: "The ground quivers, the flowers bloom; Land Ninja, Hurricane Yellow!"
Yosuke: "Unknown to the people."
Nanami: "Unknown to the world."
Kouta: "Striking at evil from the midst of shadows!"
Yosuke: "Ninpuu Sentai..."
Yosuke: "... has arrived!" 
- The Goraigers:
Ikkou: "The crimson lightning; Horned Ninja, Kabuto Raiger!"
Isshu: "The azure thunderclap; Fanged Ninja, Kuwaga Raiger!"
Ikkou: "The darkness I face, the darkness I slice!"
Isshu: "The light I face, the light I slice!"
Both: "Goraigers, at lightningspeed - arrived!" 
- Make My Monster Grow: A couple of methods, actually:
- If the monster was from Chuuzubo's private reserves, he'd load a scroll into Wendinu's bazooka, which she fired down to the destroyed monster on earth.
- However, if one of the monsters came from Sargain's group, he'd have Wendinu send down a "Copy Ninja", a cybernetic torpedo that copied the monster's data and transformed itself into a duplicate of said monster.
- Finally, if Satarakura was responsible for the evil plan of the week, Wendinu would send down a mask that, for all intents and purposes, did the same thing that Chuuzubo's scroll did, except it was a lot more creepier.
- Mooks: The Magerappers; aliens with a knot of "hair" constantly in "rapping" motion. ...Don't ask.
- The Movie: Hurricaneger: Shushuh to The Movie
- "On the Next Episode of..." Catchphrase
- The Smurfette Principle: Hurricane Blue, a member of the main trio, who serves as the third female blue ranger.
- Super Mode: Shurikenger Fire Mode, a rare Sentai moment where the Sixth Ranger gets the super mode instead of the main team.
- Supervillain Lair
- Theme Music Power-Up
- Transformation Trinket
- Hurricangers: Hurricane Gyro
- Gouraigers: Gourai Changer
- Shurikenger: Shuriken Ball
- Weapon of Choice
- Bifurcated Weapon: The Hurricanger's Hayatemaru 
- Swiss Army Weapon: The Gouraiger's Ikazuchimaru 
- Instrument of Murder: The Ninjamisen. 
- Improbable Weapon User: All three of the Hurricanger's personal weapons resemble weird objects.
- Ikkou: Horn Breaker
- Isshu: Stag Breaker  
- Shurikenger: Shuriken's Bat 
Tropes specific to Ninpuu Sentai Hurricaneger:
- Battle Royale With Cheese
- Becoming the Mask: Literally with Shurikenger, check out his backstory.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Both of the Goraijers have one, in which the morals that their father taught them were rage and hatred. They later find out that their father wanted them to fight each other in a death match in order for "that" to be born.
- Day of the Week Name: Each of the main Jakanja fit.
- Designated Girl Fight: Episode 6 and 30.
- Disney Death: First Shurikennger in episode 49, and is revealed to have survived in Abaranger vs. Hurricanger. Also, the Goraijers were thought to be dead in episode 50, but appear alive before the Hurricangers in episode 51 to do battle against the evil force.
- Doppelganger Attack: Kouta's Chō Ninpō: Mai Jishi 
- Elemental Powers
- Eyedscreen: Well, with visors, usually when a finisher is used. This is because most of the time the Rangers are all in different cockpits, even when combined. But even in Tenraisenpuujin with everyone in one room, usually everyone's mask shot appears in a pattern around Shurikenger.
- Freudian Trio
- Id: Yousuke
- Ego: Nanami
- Superego: Kouta
- Gratuitous English: Shuriken loves this. "HAY! STOP! EVERYBAADY!"
- Heel Face Turn: Ikkou and Isshou: C'mon, we all saw that coming.
- Highly-Visible Ninja: Averted some because of Oboro's robots that erase the memories of anybody who sees Hurricanger in action.
- Homage: Hurricaneger pays tribute to Choujuu Sentai Liveman (the 1988 Sentai series) in many ways. It's the first Sentai series since Liveman to start off with three main members, the blue ranger is also a girl, the three main characters are students of an elite academy, their animal motifs are identical (hawk, lion, and dolphin), two extra members are introduced mid-series (plus a third one), and the villains of both teams keep track of their members' performance.
- Hour of Power: Senpujin's Super Mode lasts only for a minute.
- Idiot Hero: Of course every of the Hurricanegers can count, but Nanami grew out of it quick. Yosuke is the traditional one.
- Idol Singer: Nanami. She has many trials and tribulations with this, including forming a girl group with Furabijou at one point. When she returns in Boukenger vs Super Sentai, she's achieved some degree of success.
- If It's You It's Okay: After Furabijo says she'd like to be Sandaaru's girlfriend, Satarakura (who's a guy) says he'd like to be it too. It seems to be more driven by admiration of Sandaaru than sexual orientation.
- Kansai Dialect: Oboro.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Oboro has robotic kuroko to cause this on civilians so they won't know of the Hurricangers' exploits. Their method is exactly this.
- Mythology Gag: The main trio borrows heavily from Choujuu Sentai Liveman in many aspects, such as the animal motif (red hawk, yellow lion, blue dolphin), being the last survivors of a special academy, and having slightly similar names (Yuusuke and Yousuke, Megumi and Nanami, Jou and Kouta).
- Gouraisenpuujin is thus one to Super Live Robo, in that it involves two robots combining into one and both having lion heads on their chests and the legs of one of the robots becoming the arms of the combined form.
- There's also similarities to Ninja Sentai Kakuranger, the previous round of ninjas. The roll call is very similar, and the rangers are in separate cockipits even in the combined mecha (except one), like the Kakurangers were with the Hidden Great General (Kakure Daishogun).
- No Export for You: Neither this, nor its western counterpart Power Rangers Ninja Storm, were dubbed in Korea. The common speculation is that both series were skipped because depictions of ninjas are culturally taboo in Korea. In reality, when the decision was made to dub Super Sentai in Korea over Power Rangers (as they have been doing since Mighty Morphin Power Rangers), they skipped to Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger since Super Sentai is at least a year ahead of Power Rangers. Ninjas are not as taboo in Korea as Samurais are, which is why Naruto airs there without any problem.
- Official Couple: Nanami and Isshu.
- The Power of Rock: The Ninjamisen, a combination guitar/gun. Shurikenger gets the most usage out of it, but episode 35 sees the entire team give it a go.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: A triple slash of the Hurricanegers are usually accompanied with "HU-RRI-CANE!"
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: The Hurricanegers are actually bottom of the class students. The only reason they made the team is everyone else was killed by Jakanja in the first episode. This doesn't apply to the Gouraigiers.
- Shout-Out: The Hurricanegers' roll calls are all styled after kabuki theater. Satarakura is also based on a kabuki performer.
- Sizeshifter: Ikkou's Chō Ninpō: Maboroshi Kabuto 
- Spit Take: Done by Ikkou when Isshu asked him about love.
- Super Mode: "Senpujin HurriUp!"
- Team Pet: Mugensai spends most of the show as a hamster thanks to carelessly mispronouncing a ninpo.
- Theme Naming: The Seven Spears are all named after days of the week:
- Sandaaru: Sunday
- Manmaruba: Monday
- Chuzubo: Tuesday
- Wendinu: Wednesday
- Sargain: Thursday
- Furabijo: Friday
- Satarakura: Saturday
- The taking first syllable of the three main Hurricaneger's family names gives you Shinobi.
- Three Plus Two Plus One
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Wendinu and Furabijo
- Voluntary Shapeshifter: Yousuke's Chō Ninpō: Maboroshi Henge 
- Walking on Water: Nanami's Chō Ninpō: Minamo Bashiri 
- What Happened to the Mouse?: The last we see of Wendinu and Furabijo was in Abaranger vs Hurricaneger, where they're transported to Dino Earth. Furabijo then got called by Chronos in Boukenger vs Super Sentai and instantly got her life sacrificed. Wendinu... nobody heard about her.
- X Meets Y: Ninja Sentai Kakuranger meets Choujuu Sentai Liveman.
- This was the first Sentai title to shorten the suffix "-ranger".
- German for "Thousand", appropriately for his centipede theme.
- Super Ninpou: Shadow Dance
- As he's not as tradition minded as his brother, he's more or less Ikkou's [[The Lancer
- In Japanese, "<Noun1> to <Noun2>"
- "...A-sanjou!", in a theatrical way.
- Normally a katana, but can switch into a rifle mode when combined with its sheath.
- Normally a staff, but has two modes it can switch into: shuriken and shield.
- It is a three-stringed instrument known as a Shamisen.
- It's meant to be a hairdryer.
- It attacks using her amplified voice.
- It's based on a squeaky mallet.
- Resembles a claw.
- Can attach to his Ikazuchimaru to form the Ikazuchi Breaker.
- Like the Hayatemaru, it is normally a katana, but it can switch into a baseball bat mode when it combines with its sheath.
- Super Ninpou: Dancing Lion
- Super Ninpou: Illusion Kabuto
- Super Ninpou: Illusion Change
- Super Ninpou: Water Surface Run