Pepper & Carrot
This Work page is a stub. You can help All The Tropes by expanding it.
Pepper & Carrot is a free culture webcomic by David Revoy, starring a 14 year old witch named Pepper, her pet cat Carrot, and really pretty art. It can be found here.
Tropes used in Pepper & Carrot include:
- All There in the Manual: The backstory of several characters, the backstory of the world, and an explanation of the magic system are found in the wiki.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Posh zombie canary.
- Awesome but Impractical: Pepper can summon demons and black holes. This isn't all that useful in a slice of life series.
- Backstory Horror: The Great War. So far it's only been talked about in the wiki, not the comics themselves. The witches of Choasah were wiped out, but that screwed up the balance of the world so Zombiah revived Thyme, Cayenne and Cumin.
- Conveniently an Orphan: Pepper and Saffron.
- Cute Witch: Pepper herself. Also Saffron, Shichimi and Coriander.
- Disproportionate Retribution: What does Pepper do when the other girls won't come to her party? Summon some demons! Suverted, she just uses the demons as backup guests.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Pepper looks a lot younger in episode one than she does in later episodes. She also seems to have black hair instead of dark brown and is wearing a different outfit.
- Edible Theme Naming: The witches are all named after spices (Pepper, Saffron, Shichimi, Coriander, Thyme, Cayenne, Cumin) while their pets are named after other foods (Carrot, Truffel, Yuzu, Mango).
- Exposed to the Elements: In the holiday episode Pepper goes running around a snowy landscape in a coat, mittens and her usual short skirt. They were inside a snowglobe, so it might not have been that cold. In The Dragon's Tooth she doesn't even bother with the coat.
- Floating Continent: The cities of Komona and Kerberos. According to the wiki, other cities were lifted into the air during the war as well.
- Great Offscreen War: The war between Magmah and Aquah.
- Kaleidoscope Eyes: Pepper's eyes switch between blue and brown. It's easy to miss as neither color is particularly "flashy" and no one remarks on it in universe.
- Slice of Life
- World Tree: The Great Tree of Komona.