Persona 4/Ho Yay
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Depending on choices during the Culture Festival Breather Episode, the Protagonist can also show an interest in cross-dressing and has the option of willingly taking a seat on the girl's side of the table during the Group Date Cafe so that he can flirt with Yosuke or Kanji.
- Episode 19 of the anime keeps the scene and adds Daisuke as an option. The results have to be seen to be believed.
- There are also a number of (presumably) Celibate Hero options such as stating a lack of interest in the Miss Yasogami beauty pageant and telling Yosuke that you have no romantic interest in either Chie or Yukiko. Picking such options usually leads one of the party members to make a not-so-subtle crack about the Protagonist's sexuality.
- Though in episode 7 of the anime, he's just as freaked out by the... atmosphere of the bathhouse level as Yosuke is.
- Yosuke has more than a few moments with the Protagonist. "I'll invite Daisuke; don't want to look like we're dating." "You look like you're good with your hands--uh, never mind." "If I had to choose, I'd choose you! You're so handsome and reliable! Tee-hee!"
- The entire Magician Rank 9 scene. It has the wonderfully ambiguous "I have family and friends... and you," as well as "You're special to me." Not to mention the Rank 8 scene. If you choose "You were just upset" in Rank 7, you will get the option to hug him (and I mean the around-the-waist kind) after the rank goes up.
- Not to mention the Rank 5 scene where he awkwardly asks whether you keep the goods under your futon and if you've ever invited a girl into your room. If you answer the latter in the negative, Yosuke says "I guess you're more of a man's man than I thought!" and the narrator informs you that "Yosuke looks happy..."
- If you look at it from a certain way, the Rank 10 scene where you and him have a brief brawl. Not to mention that afterwards you both end up sprawled out on the grass, Yosuke remarks how "that sure beat words" and says "You really are something" after you spend a long time with him.
- And it's not like the official art helps their case. Indeed. ... Yeah.
- Someone managed to create an entire photoset of official art of the two holding each other.
- Also, some deleted audio files from Yosuke's Social Link reveal quotes such as, "I never knew i had such heat inside" and "I like you." No, seriously.
- Kanji. His Evil Counterpart boss is even a representation of his repressed sexuality -- which is actually his desire for acceptance.
- His Rank 10 Social Link takes place in your room (now, what are the other times when a Social Link reaches Rank 10 in your room, hm?) and ends with him giving an enthusiastic "HELL YEAH!"
- Chie's and Yukiko's friendship is popularly interpreted as romantic. The conversation on Saki's appearance on the Midnight Channel ("My soulmate is a girl?"). Who was Yukiko's Prince? Chie! It helps that their respective shadows actually talked about their dependency on one another.
- And the anime takes it Up to Eleven, very much so.
- Also, Teddie is totally gay for you. Seriously. Talk to him before you leave Inaba and you'll get a conversation in which Teddie offers to take off his outfit for you. The suggestion is quickly declined by Yosuke.
- If you don't max out Yosuke's Social Link, you get this conversation instead. It is not any less homoerotic.
- And then there all the female party members feeling up Naoto in the bathhouse. Again, the anime keeps it.