Pokémon: Attack of Mewtwo
"Shut up or I EXPLODE YOUR HEAD"—Mewthree
The fanfic tells the story of Sarah, a 13-year old trainer with "black hair and nice smile and really pretty." She receives an
Eevee "Eve" "evee" from Professor Oak on her first day as a trainer. Unfortunately her adventure is soon derailed as Mewtwo a clone of Mewtwo called Mewthree attacks and "explodes" Oak's laboratory, killing Professor Oak and possibly Gary. After that, Sarah swears revenge on Mewtwo and starts her Pokémon journey. In the next chapter, she is joined by Jake, a male Pokémon trainer who apparently "look like 13 year old Zac Efron". Things go downhill from there.
The fan fic can be found here.
"Pokemon: Attack of Mewtwo 2: Attack of Team Rocket" is the
sequel sekwel to the first story. It doesn't contain Mewtwo or Mewthree and Oak and Gary are inexplicably alive again. The "lik" to it can be found here.
- Artifact Title: Ever since it was "revealed" that Mewtwo wasn't behind the attack on Oak's lab, the title isn't an accurate description anymore. The author actually notes this, but shakes it off with "but TOO BAD"
- Back From the Dead: Oak and Gary in the sequel. In true badfic fashion, it's with no explanation whatsoever.
- Beige Prose: Dark Lemur never uses more than 2 sentences to describe anything.
- Cloning Blues: Mewthree hates humans for some reason, presumably the same reason Mewtwo did.
- Department of Redundancy Department: Some of the dialogue. For starters...
Then more clones came and Eevee changed form to stop them but there were too many of them. "There are too many of them" sad Jake.
- The Dragon: "Slamenc" to Mewthree. Bonus points for being a literal dragon (type).
- Don't Like, Don't Read: The author's note for chapter 3 includes this very phrase.
- You're Just Jealous:...as well as this one.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Mewthree kills off Oak and possibly Gary in less than a sentence.
- Flat What:
"what" said Sarah. "what" said Jake. "what" said the first mewtwo.
- Genetic Engineering Is the New Nuke: Mewtwo alters the trainer's Pokémon to become powerful enough to fight Mewthree's clone army by using "genetics". Also, Sarah herself is one of Mewthree's genetic experiments.
- Hand Wave: Why Sarah is starting her Pokémon journey so late is explained in less than a sentence.
- I Know Karate: Jake, and what a master of kung fu he is.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Complete with Don't Explain the Joke.
- No One Could Survive That: Mewthree simply assumes that Sarah is dead after using a single attack on her. Needless to say, she's not.
- Poor Communication Kills / We Could Have Avoided All This: Mewthree's ultimate reason for wanting to commit genocide on Pokémon trainers? He thought pokemon training was akin to slavery. It takes a talking Pokémon and a Mary Sue to set him straight.
- Retcon: Mewtwo didn't blow up Oak's lab, it was a clone called Mewthree.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: In spades.
- The Power of Love: Apparently powerful enough to defeat "mine control"
- Tomato in the Mirror: Sarah
- Troll Fic: Confirmed as of Chapter 5 of the sequel, which as since been removed. The only proof that there ever WAS a Chapter 5 is in the comments
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Sarah's Eevee gets the ability to transform into any eeveelution form at will and grow wings due to the real Mewtwo's meddling. Later on, Sarah finds out she's a genetic experiment who can turn into any Pokémon at will. This is undone in the "sekwel".
- Wanton Cruelty to the Common Comma: As bad as the spelling is, it's nothing compared to the grammar and punctuation.
- You Fail Biology Forever: Team Rocket steals Sarah's dna, preventing her from accessing her shapeshifting powers.
- Your Head Asplode: Threatened, but never actually carried out.