Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here.
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Power Rangers fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors, and Websites
Fanfic Shoppe by Kittie Verdana
- Recommended by Wolfman 2000
- Synopsis: It is a gathering of many author's works in one location. It includes a little bit of everything from shipping to crossovers to anything in between.
- Comments: Some of the stories on this website have already been recommended below, but are merely hosted elsewhere. Still, other gems are found here.
- Recommended by Jenicaaladima
- Comments: She has wonderful stories, and her Bright Skies universe has the best working of canon and fanon that I've ever seen. She is a slash shipper, so those that are opposed to that, stay away.
- Recommended by Mariko-chan
- Comments: Focuses more on RPM and Samurai, but another masterful twisting of all canon to work together.
- Recommended by LOMI
- Synopsis: Take all of Power Rangers, give it cohesion that goes beyond the original Zordon era, create several over-arcing storylines, and then role in some Super Sentai to boot.
- Comments: Basically an Ultimate Universe just like the title suggests. Most of the story follows the basic path of Power Rangers, but many of the Super Sentai story arcs and elements remain or are referenced, like the original Rangers getting their Power Coins from the Zyurangers before they even meet Zordon. It now has a sequel series ongoing, though the author's updates are infrequent due to having a life.
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Loss of Innocents by Joe Rovang
- Recommended by Speedbreaker
- Synopsis: After an encounter with a lone Putty, an unsettling revelation plagues Jason's mind, one he shares only with his closest friends. The once simple and obvious distinction between "good" and "evil" becomes blurred as they experience their last days as Rangers.
Perfectly Good Reasons by Dagmar Buse
- Recommended by Dr Thinker
- Synopsis: How did the Power Rangers become friends before Zordon summon them to become Power Rangers? Let's just say, the Power Rangers would consider this a odd beginning to their own friends..
The Fifth Wheel by Silvormoon
- Recommended by Dave The Analyzer
- Synopsis: A story of the Alien Rangers of Aquatar. The fifth wheel gets her chance in the spotlight... if she can survive it.
- Recommended by Berserker NW
- Synopsis: PRDT rewrite. Moderate AU. Take a deeper look into the lives of Dr. Tommy Oliver and his fellow Rangers as they struggle to make it through the ups and downs of Rangerhood and the 2004-2005 schoolyear. Who said senior year would be easy?
- Comments: A well-written story that delves deeper into the personal life and history of Tommy Oliver, as well adding depth to each of the characters. One aspect that was appealing was the connections made to minor characters introduced in earlier seasons. Each chapter is a good length. While it hasn't been updated in a few months (April 2011), there have been longer 'silent' periods between chapters.
- Recommended by Burstkiller
- Synopsis: A one shot fic based on Mora and the unanswered questions surrounding her character: Why was Mora so afraid of growing up? How did she and Gruumm cross paths?
- Comments: A very dark look into the past of one SPD's fan-favorite villains. Shows how a broken home robbed the years from Mora and turned her into the Little Miss Badass/Psychopathic Womanchild we know her as.
- Recommended by: The Otaku Ninja
- Synopsis: PROO: When your whole existence turns out to be a lie, who can you go to for answers? Mack asks questions that we didn't see onscreen. 'Five Things That Never Happened' challenge.
- Comments: Considering how they never gave us more information on the whole Mack is an android thing, this is a nice look into his mindset during that time, and gives a much better explanation for the whole thing than the show ever did.
- Recommended by: random_fan
- Synopsis: Instead of just the four he calls in on the show Andrew Hartford calls in a couple of other rangers as well, Tommy Oliver and Justin Stewart. Leanbow also joins after sensing the crown's magic signature.
- Comments: It can best be described as OO if there was no need to worry about source footage or budget. Is a great For Want of a Nail fic as the three new Rangers slowly yet surely change the story, yet it never strays too far from the original.
Jungle Fury: Rangers In Retrograde. by Neko LLX
- Recommended by: Neko LLX
- Synopsis: Following on the heels of OO:RiR a reformed Kamdor and Miratrix join Pai Zhua just as Dai Shi is released. Due to their interfering, Jarrod is never possessed... instead someone even more dangerous is.
- Comments: Much like OO:RiR it can be likened to "if there was no need to worry about source footage or budget." Much like the original the changes are slow but lead to a massive shift by the end.
Tokusastu: The Five Year War. by Neko LLX
- Recommended by: Neko LLX
- Synopsis: What if Power Rangers/Super Sentai were more realistic and aimed at a older audience. A original work that takes the concept of Tokusatsu and runs with it.
- Comments: A original toku series that draws inspiration from Power Rangers but veres off into it's own dynamic.
Operator Series Red by JDPhoenix
- Recommended by: Burstkiller
- Synopsis: In Corinth's early days, K considers Ranger candidates.
- Comments: A nice, action packed one-shot of when Scott met K.
- Recommended by: Terrie
- Synopsis: VENJIX's army wasn't just machines. We could have handled machines. No. Someone had given VENJIX magic.
- Pairings: Dillon/Ziggy, Scott/Summer, Gem/Flynn/Gemma, K/Tenaya
- Tags: AU
Power Rangers Take Flight by Joe Rovang
- Recommended by Amadeus Windfall
- Synopsis: An 40-episode adaption of Jetman. AU. In 1992, an Air Force soldier and four apartment tenants receive on military hardware from Project Jetman and become the Power Rangers.
- Now has it's own trope page
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
Of Love and Bunnies by Crazy Girl 47
- Recommended by Mariko-chan
- Pairings: Tommy/Kim is the centerpiece, with Jason/Trini, Adam/Tanya, and Trent/Kira in the background. In the more recent stories, Kat and Conner.
- Synopsis: Angel Grove decides to give Power Rangers Day another try. Tommy is dragged back to town by the newly-retired Dino Thunder Rangers, who want to meet his old team and relive his glory days. Kim also arrives to celebrate old times. Hilarity Ensues.
- Here we go: Of Love and Bunnies. Feel free to expand it.
Happiness Comes in a Manshirt by anolinde
- Recommended by The Violent Tomboy
- Pairings: Tommy/Kim
- Synopsis: Conner and Ethan get more than they bargained for when they go to Tommy's house to ask him to raise Conner's paper grade.
- Comments: A cute one-shot with funny but spot-on characterizations. What else can I say? Though I do love DT stories that make references to Tommy's old teams.