Rage (video game)/Characters
The Ark Survivor (Nicholas Raine)
The protagonist of Rage. He wakes up in his Ark after it malfunctions and kills everyone else inside and quickly makes his way out into the ruined wasteland that awaits him. Things don't go so well at first, with him nearly getting killed by a mutant only to be saved by a local wastelander, but over time he slowly learns to adapt to this new world and makes quite a name, or at least reputation, for himself. The game ends on a cliffhanger as he activates the rest of the Arks, which contain more people like himself to fight the Authority.
- Four-Star Badass: He was a highly trained Marine Corps Lieutenant before being placed in the Ark.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Give him some wasteland junk and some tech equipment and he can make wingsticks, RC bomb cars, sentry turrets, attack drones...
- Nanomachines: He was injected with nanotrites which allow him to revive himself upon death.
- One-Man Army: One of the first things he does upon waking up from his long crytosleep is storm a bandit stronghold armed only with a pistol because some wastelander told him to. Guess which side survives.
- Protagonist Without a Past: Averted. But you won't learn anything about him during the actual game, like how he had a brother named Chris who died before the game begins or that he was a last minute replacement for an Ark resident who was found to have cancer.
- Sole Survivor: The only person to make it out of his ark alive.
The first person the Ark Survivour meets upon exiting the Ark who saves him from a mutant attack. He provides the Ark Survivour with his first few missions and rewards him with new weapons and equipment.
- Big Damn Heroes: Shows up out of nowhere to help the Ark Survivour and give him a ride into town.
- Cool Car: He'll even give you your own Cool Car as a reward for helping his settlement and before that he gives you an ATV to use.
- Put on a Bus: If the player returns to the Hager settlement after completing all of his missions, they'll be informed that Dan has left for the settlement of Gunbarrel and isn't seen again for the rest of the game.
A formor scientist who worked for the Authority and the one who created the mutants, including most, if not all, of the bigger ones. He assists the Ark Survivour by giving him mind control bolts for his crossbow.
- Cool Old Guy: Works hard to help the Resistance and and creates mind control bolts for the main character to use for his crossbow as well as a defibrator upgrade.
- Death by Adaptation: In the novel.
- Mad Scientist: Used to be one for the Authority before he left them.
The Ghost Clan
A groups of cultists who wear little armor, but are a reasonably dangerous foe for the early portions of the game where you have little supplies and equipment.
- Bald of Evil: For whatever reason they all shave their heads or are naturally bald.
- Human Sacrifice: The Ark Survivour would have even become one himself if nor for his healing ability.
The Wasted Clan
A group of mechanics who hang out in large car garages and work on vehicles, although you rarely see them fight with any.
- The Alcoholic: A whole group of them.
- Meaningful Name: They don't call themselves the Wasted Clan for nothing.
The Shrouded Clan
A group of exiles from the other bandit clans who have come to together to form this new clan. They quickly prove to be a problem with the citizens of Wellsprings with their annoying RC bomb cars.
- Start My Own: The whole reason they exist in the first place is because their members were kicked out of the other bandit clans.
The GearHead Clan
A strange clan made up of russian Gadgeteer Geniuses who wear heavy armor and often use robots such as sentry bots in battle.
- Gadgeteer Genius: They can use several of the wasteland's highest-tier robotics, all made by their own members.
The Scorcher Clan
A bunch of religious zealots who worship the asteroid that nearly wiped out the earth. They only attack the protaganist with their cars and foot soldiers are never seen amoung their number.
- Car Fu: They only appear out in the wasteland driving around and trying to kill anything that isn't one of them.
The Jackal Clan
One of the more powerful, or at least fearsome, clans who are little more than savage berserkers.
- Wild Man: They wear pelts, yell gibberish, and many of them will suicide rush the player with clubs.
- Back to Rage (video game)