Recycled in Space/Comic Books
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Usagi Yojimbo had a spin-off IN SPACE!
- Jink and The Rebels are Elf Quest IN The Future! Many fans hated them.
- Ramayan 3392 AD is the Ramayama IN THE POSTAPOCALYPTIC FUTURE!
- Marvel had a What If story called "What If Sgt Fury Fought WWII in Outer Space?", although this was a reimagining of the same events depicted in mainstream Marvel rather than a spinoff or sequel. Also wasn't half bad.
- Hex was Jonah Hex transported INTO THE POSTAPOCALYPTIC FUTURE!
- Jack Kirby's Kamandi is essentially Anthro, an unusually intelligent caveman and and earlier DC hero who never caught on, in a post-apocalyptic future.
- There's a comic book adaptation of Moby Dick in space. The whalers are asteroid miners, the giant squid is a white star named Kraken, Moby Dick is a (possibly sentient?) comet, and the final harpoon is a 10-megaton warhead.
- The back of the Deadpool Corps volume 1 trade paperback ("Pool-pocalypse Now") actually has the tagline "DEADPOOL IN SPAAAAAACE!" And it's funny that this particular hero should use this tropes, since a Christopher Priest issue promised us there would be no more space adventures with 'Pool.
- Space Family Robinson (aka Lost In Space: Space Family Robinson) was The Swiss Family Robinson in Space!
- Camelot 3000 is the Arthurian legends IN THE YEAR 3000! You guessed, didn't you?
- Dell Comics published infamous adventures of classic monsters Dracula, Frankenstein and the Werewolf... AS COSTUMED SUPERHEROES!
- Archie Comics had some stories IN PREHISTORIC TIMES as well as IN THE FUTURE!
- Marvel has announced a new series called Space Punisher. Which will be The Punisher IN SPACE!
- Archie I
- Archie 3000!