"In a perverse way I like the limitations writing for ostensibly a 'kid's show' put on me. That makes the under the radar stuff that much more outrageous & satisfying."
—Storyboard Artist Calvin Wong on his Formspring.
Regular Show: it's anything but... a children's show. It's currently one of the most radar-dodging shows found on Cartoon Network that isn't a Cartoon Cartoon. Despite airing on what is ostensibly a children's network, it carries a TV-PG rating on American TV and has gotten away with a lot of crude, shocking, and risque moments. It's of note that this page was created after the first 5 episodes.
- 1 In General
- 2 Season 1
- 3 101 -- The Power
- 4 102 -- Just Set Up the Chairs
- 5 103 -- Caffeinated Concert Tickets
- 6 104 -- Death Punchies
- 7 105 -- Free Cake
- 8 106 -- Meat Your Maker
- 9 107 -- Grilled Cheese Deluxe
- 10 108 -- The Unicorns Have Got To Go
- 11 109 -- Prank Callers
- 12 110 -- Don
- 13 111 -- Rigby's Body
- 14 112 -- Mordecai and the Rigbys
- 15 Season 2
- 16 201 -- Ello Gov'nor
- 17 202 -- It's Time
- 18 203 -- Appreciation Day
- 19 204 -- Peeps
- 20 205 -- Dizzy
- 21 206 -- My Mom
- 22 207 -- High Score
- 23 208 -- Rage Against The TV
- 24 209 -- Party Pete
- 25 210 -- Brain Eraser
- 26 211 -- Benson Be Gone
- 27 212 -- But I Have a Receipt
- 28 213 -- This Is My Jam
- 29 214 -- Muscle Woman
- 30 215 -- Temp Check
- 31 216 -- Jinx
- 32 217 -- See You There
- 33 218 -- Do Me A Solid
- 34 219 -- Grave Sights
- 35 220 -- Really Real Wrestling
- 36 221 -- Over the Top
- 37 222 -- The Night Owl
- 38 223 -- A Bunch Of Baby Ducks
- 39 224 -- More Smarter
- 40 225 -- First Day
- 41 226 -- Go Viral
- 42 227 -- Skunked
- 43 228 -- Karaoke Video
- 44 Season 3
- 45 301 -- Stick Hockey
- 46 302 -- Bet to Be Blonde
- 47 303 -- Skips Strikes
- 48 304-305 -- Terror Tales of the Park
- 49 306 -- Camping Can Be Cool
- 50 307 -- Slam Dunk
- 51 308 -- Cool Bikes
- 52 309 -- House Rules
- 53 310 -- Rap it Up
- 54 311 -- Cruisin'
- 55 312 -- Under the Hood
- 56 313 -- Weekend at Benson's
- 57 314 -- Fortune Cookie
- 58 315 -- Think Positive
- 59 316 -- Skips vs. Technology
- 60 317 -- Butt Dial
- 61 318 -- Eggscellent
- 62 319 -- Gut Model
- 63 320 -- Video Game Wizards
- 64 321 -- Big Winner
- 65 322 -- The Best Burger in the World
- 66 323 -- Replaced
- 67 324 -- Trash Boat
- 68 325 -- Fists of Justice
- 69 326 -- Yes Dude Yes
- 70 327 -- Busted Cart
- 71 328 -- Dead at Eight
- Name me just five one-shot villains who don't die in Family-Unfriendly Death ways...
- The show uses "not-quite swear words" on occasion, such as "pissed", "crap", and "sucks".
- Sexual innuendo is highly present in certain episodes.
- Muscle Man's "My mom" jokes, which mainly appear to slip by on the basis that Muscle Man doesn't quite understand how they work or why they're supposed to be funny; in fact it's kind of surprising that in one episode they get away with having Mordecai and Rigby try to correct Muscle Man and spout off a whole string of "your mom" jokes.
- Muscle Man himself, who seems stoned all the time, and is shirtless half the time with nipples showing.
101 -- The Power
- "Now, how in the H(ell) are we gonna fix this S(hit)?"
- "DON'T LOOK AT OUR CROTCHES WHILE WE SYNCHRONIZE OUR WATCHES!"
- Also note that they point between their legs when they say this.
- Afterwards, they put their arms in their shirt and it looks like an oversized, huge stick, positioned by their crotch. Their left arms are holding the right arm sleeves, although if you don't look close enough it looks like both their hands are there. There was even a shirt made from this scene (although it is for adults): http://www.amazon.com/Duuuude-Regular-Adult-T-Shirt-XX-Large/dp/B007YHY9VI/ref=sr_1_27?ie=UTF 8&qid=1339278673&sr=8-27
- Also note that they point between their legs when they say this.
102 -- Just Set Up the Chairs
- "Benson's gonna drop his balls when he sees how good we set up these chairs!" "He's gonna be all, 'Oh no, my gumballs!'"
- When Muscle Man goes to pick up the "Special Entertainment". The front door of the motel opens and beer cans come pouring out. A clown and a horse with a party hat on stumble out, the clown complains about the brightness, and nearly vomits on Muscle Man as he asks to borrow money. And to top it all off:
Muscle Man: Do you know who likes "special entertainment" like that? MY MOM!
103 -- Caffeinated Concert Tickets
- A giant coffee bean has coffee come out of his nipples. And the coffee is sent into Mordecai and Rigby's mouths, causing their pupils to widen and they seem to go through some kind of trip.
- The term "lady pecs" gets thrown around quite a lot in this episode.
- After Mordecai hears that Margaret is going to the Fist Pump concert:
Rigby: I can't believe you're going to a concert just to see some... lady pecs!
- "One day, Rigby, you'll be old enough to understand the real reason people go to concerts."
- Not to mention they're the same age.
Benson: You idiots! Get back here and pick up my gumballs!
- Mordecai and Rigby yell "Your coffee sucks" while pointing to the translator's crotch.
- High-Five Ghost is shown holding a cup filled with beer in it and screams while drunk.
- During the montage where Mordecai and Rigby are mowing the lawn and refilling on coffee- you see that they are seeingly in "to-go-mode", looking serious and pumping their fists. Here's the clip- . Starting at the 29 second mark notice where and how they're pumping their fists.
104 -- Death Punchies
- Rigby's messed up rear (seen pictured above) is shown.
Mordecai: WEE-OOO WEE-OOO WEE-OOO! (impersonates a doctor) Quick doctor, both of these butt cheeks are unrecognizable. If we want anyone to recognize this as a butt in the future, then we have to do a complete butt-transplant stat!
- Muscle Man was pretty much stoned in this episode: soggy and bruised eyes, weird use of language, and talking slowly and deep.
- One of the moves taught in the book of Death Kwon Do was "Pelvic Thrust of Death".
- One of the moves Mordecai learned is the "Death Dump". Um...
105 -- Free Cake
- This exchange at Skips' surprise party:
Benson: Kill the lights, it's almost 8 p.m.!
106 -- Meat Your Maker
- Mordecai's dream of Margaret with her in a hula skirt and a coconut bra.
- The box of hot dogs was positioned near Rigby's groin, while the hot dog on the picture matches up to where his penis should be.
- This exam:
Mordecai: Wait, you wanna be eaten?
- Them being hot dogs doesn't really help.
- When waiting for Mordecai and Rigby to grill the hot dogs, Benson, Skips and Pops have an alcohol party. The bottle looks awfully like a beer bottle, and Pops is heard speaking gibberish, implying that he is very drunk.
107 -- Grilled Cheese Deluxe
- Near the end of "Grilled Cheese Deluxe", we get a shot of Benson staring at a picture of another gumball machine online. When Mordecai and Rigby enter the room, Benson turns off the computer. This seems an awful lot like he's looking at gumball pornography.
- "All you're good at is being a big piece of s--*punch* OW!!!!!"
- The "ostrich thing with the balls" video. It starts to look like an ostrich about to play baseball but it also performs a Groin Attack on the man next to it.
- And then when Rigby starts teasing Mordecai he starts slowly rubbing his face ending it with a titty twister.
- "Loins" is another term for penis. Now read this line:
Mordecai: HEY! THOSE PORK LOINS ARE CUTTING!
- After Mordecai and Rigby are thrown out of the van by the astronauts, we get this:
Rigby: WE SAVED THE CITY, ASTRO- *gets the grilled cheese deluxe thrown at him*
- When Mordecai claims he only wore pink that one time because he had to borrow from Dr. Asinoskovich, she happens to be right there and doesn't remember him. So, he doubles down on the lie by vaguely referring to a conference, at which point the Doctor then looks nervously embarrassed, saying she doesn't remember very much from that conference, and excuses herself promptly. The astronaut he's lying to seems to take that as... evidence of some hanky panky or other.
108 -- The Unicorns Have Got To Go
- The Dude Time bodyspray commercial basically yells "This cologne will cause all girls to rip all of their clothes off!"
- "What kind of loser wants chicks tearing their clothes off?"
- Benson gagged and tied to the wall. Even worse when one of the unicorns takes two of his gumballs and eats them. Note that both the gumballs are red... And come out of Benson's crotch.
- The very "gay BDSM" look to all of the unicorns: lots of leather, and one even has nipple piercings. Another is wearing a fishnet top and another is wearing underwear but no pants. And one is dressed like Alex from A Clockwork Orange.
- Another great gem of an exchange:
Mordecai: How is this supposed to help me get the ladies?
- According to this storyboard, the original "lady" was going to be a little more risque.
- Rigby does a little crotch hump thing to Mordecai while saying he and the unicorns are "bros, bros, bros!"
109 -- Prank Callers
- A marijuana cooler is seen in The Master Prank Caller's house...and it's filled with bottles of beer and alcohol. Don't believe me? [dead link]
- Master Prank Caller makes a joke that could be interpreted as him sleeping with Mordecai's mom. "Hurry up. Your mom's, like, totally starving."
- This is really easy to miss, but if you pause the episode at a precise time, you see what could be a condom wrapper on the floor near the Prank Caller's bathroom. This disappears after 1/10th of a second.
110 -- Don
- Don's design - much more humanoid than Rigby, even to the point that there's definitely a bump down there. Made worse by the fact that he's NAKED!
- A fact which is referenced when Don tells Rigby he stopped wearing pants because Rigby didn't wear them. So, even in the show, they're viewed as naked. Don even yelled- "You were naked! I thought that was so cool!"
- When everyone is talking at once when Don pulls up, someone is heard saying the letters "WTF".
111 -- Rigby's Body
- When Skips said "Now we do it the Skips way", his nipples flash and puff out.
112 -- Mordecai and the Rigbys
- In the morning, Mordecai doesn't remember ordering T-shirts. In a flashback when ordering them, Mordecai is downing a liquid in a blue can and then throws it in a huge pile of the same drink. What was that drink? he later utters.
- Mordecai and Rigby's future selves teach them how to do a little crotch hump dance. Mordecai and Rigby later do the hump in the performance.
- Mordecai gets a little too excited when Margaret puts on a revealing t-shirt.
201 -- Ello Gov'nor
202 -- It's Time
- The whole tongue kissing thing in the game and how Rigby demonstrates is suggesting that he will do... certain things on the date.
- In the video game that Mordecai lost to Rigby in, the superhero strips off the damsel in distress' ropes (and clothes).
- Father Time had a clock that blatantly read 4:20 (a number associated with marijuana and stoner culture) through most of his scene.
- This bit on Pajama Sisters 2:
Rigby: They're just going to sit around discussing their feelings. Fully clothed!
203 -- Appreciation Day
204 -- Peeps
- Benson installed cameras in the bed and even a bathroom stall. Notice that Mordecai and Rigby were about to go in the same stall.
- Peeps himself was watching a naked Pops in the shower, which is a whole different sort of creepy. You can see some of Pops' bare skin, too.
205 -- Dizzy
Mordecai: Hey, I know. Why don't you picture everyone naked?
- When Pops was crossing the dimensions, all of his clothes are removed. Luckily, you don't see any body parts, just skin.
206 -- My Mom
- Most of Muscle Man's mom jokes were under this.
Muscle Man: You know who else messes around? My mom!
Muscle Man: Pull your panties out of your butt, bro!
- Also in the arcade scene, one of the game titles is "Percolator". A percolator commonly refers to a type of bong.
- "Lift with the legs, Bobby! Like my mom!"
- In the arcade, Q*BERT is parodied into PUBERT.
207 -- High Score
208 -- Rage Against The TV
- "Kick him in the junk! Kick him in the junk!" "I'm kicking him in the junk!" They even wait a while before revealing that the video game character they're trying to defeat is actually holding a big pile of junk.
- Muscle Man's man boobs SMACK him in the face!
209 -- Party Pete
- Party Pete could be considered a playboy, complete with two skimpy women by his side.
- Muscle Man talks about wanting a lot of guests with breasts (and not using any other word for it, he does say 'breasts') at the party. Not talking about his, of course.
'Muscle Man: It takes more than expired soda to have a party. It takes guests with breasts and mine don't count.
- When Party Pete arrives at the house, there are a few quick close-ups. One of them was of one of his women's breasts. The curves are there, too.
- Party Pete's ice sculpture had a considerable lump in the part between his legs.
- Pete does some really suggestive crotch humping. He puts his hand over his crotch and rubs it around, then his crotch enlarges. Oh, now what could that be? Why would Pete's junk mail enlarge all of a sudden...
- Two girls shake their rears towards Pops and he starts getting excited.
- Not to mention Skips seemed excited about this too.
210 -- Brain Eraser
- The plot for this episode is that Mordecai sees Pops in the nude (with many shots of Pops' naked body) and trying to erase it from his memory. J.G. Quintel himself was surprised that this episode got through the censors and warned that it might not air again for a long time, if ever. CN proved him wrong and aired it again... and a commercial was made from it.
- Pops' naked body is shown throughout the entire episode, butt and all.
- Rigby jokes that Mordecai saw Pops' "junk mail".
- While moving his pinky suggestively.
- Mordecai later describes Pops' junk- "small, shriveled, wrinkly and pasty..."
- After Mordecai, Rigby and Skips successfully erase said memory from Mordecai's brain, Benson comes down in a towel. His towel slips off, showing that his gumball flap is standing upright. Benson, Mordecai, Rigby, and Skips all have shocked expressions, implying that an open flap equals a naked Benson. So now we have two naked characters already.
- From the way the flap moved from a closed, to an upright position one might infer an even grimmer proposition.
- This was also parodied on The Jimmy Kimmel Show expect when Benson said "I can't take a shower", it was changed to "I can't take a (censored "shit') without you guys screwing things uh-" and Benson's slot was blurred.
- Pops uses his hat to cover himself. For a moment, his hat stays in place without Pops holding it. Makes you wonder what was keeping it there- his invisible "junk mail".
- It could have been an invisible boner.
- At the movie shop, all the movie covers are replaced with naked Pops' ass sticking out.
- He could actually be mooning.
- And then the implication of what he sees on the "Cowboys" stand. "Oh, no..."
- He could actually be mooning.
211 -- Benson Be Gone
- Um, does Leon look like a stoner to you?
- He also seems drunk due to his slurring his words.
212 -- But I Have a Receipt
213 -- This Is My Jam
214 -- Muscle Woman
- Naked Muscle Man crying in the shower. That is all.
- Muscle Man and Starla making out. With tongue.
- Rigby walking into Starla's boobs. Thump.
Rigby: This was the most disturbing day of my life.
Rigby: Muscle Man had a girlfriend? I wonder who had more junk in the trunk.
215 -- Temp Check
- A man plays a harmonica through his ass, and Rigby is definitely grossed out.
216 -- Jinx
217 -- See You There
- One woman at the party has a pair of cones over her boobs as a costume.
- If I remember correctly, that's supposed to be Madonna.
218 -- Do Me A Solid
- Rigby forces Mordecai to do something requiring him to squat down on the floor while making "truck backing out" noises in front of Margaret. While Rigby video tapes it, everyone reacts with disgust.
- '4:20' once again makes an appearance on the VCR.
- The beginning of the episode has Rigby watching a man using a Shake Weight in a rather familiar way.
- "Hey ladies, look at what else I can do with my ice cream sandwich."
219 -- Grave Sights
- Mounties of Death: Hoser Spree.
- At one point in the episode Skips kicks a zombie in the crotch. Dust then falls from the area and the zombie shows no pain.
220 -- Really Real Wrestling
- These lines:
Mordecai: "Dude, Benson would have snapped his crank if we just up and left work! You've gotta be responsible sometimes."
221 -- Over the Top
- Pops wants an "aguarita". Remember, this is a man who frequently mixes up vowels and consonants.
- Benson is clearly drunk in the first bar scene. "Skips... I order you... to wrestle me..."
- Really, everyone was drunk there. No way would anyone even try and arm-wrestle Skips knowing his great strength. Clearly alcohol here is making everyone do stupid things.
- Death is shown Flipping the Bird to Skips.
- The man who says something along the lines of "a product of Yoshi Cybernetics" in the Playco Armboy commercial has a pretty racist accent.
- Death's right arm. I wonder what his exercise routine is?
222 -- The Night Owl
- "If a car was a girl, would you take her out on a date and try to get to second base?"
- When The Night Owl says "second base", High Five Ghost flies closer to the radio.
- "I can't wait to stick my key in THAT."
223 -- A Bunch Of Baby Ducks
- The garbage man was obviously a pedophile-stand-in. Especially when you look at what he keeps in the back of the truck...
- It goes beyond that- the guy's practically Buffalo Bob level.
224 -- More Smarter
- One of the complex math equations that Rigby and Mordecai write down has the variables F, U, U, and X. The variables are in the same order given, and the equation is easy to see.
- Mordecai and Rigby say "fucker" in Latin.
- "Do not take Brain Max after heavy thinking."
225 -- First Day
- The milk carton at the beginning reads: "Best Milk-- Freshly Squeezed".
- Mordecai is seen in a suggestive position on the hard couch.
226 -- Go Viral
- "I don't know how much longer these panties will hold!"
- A parody of Antoine Dodson from the "Bed Intruder Song" video is shown.
227 -- Skunked
- The way the Were-Skunk wraps his legs around Rigby's head to spray liquid onto him seems rather suggestive.
228 -- Karaoke Video
- It's pretty obvious that Mordecai and Rigby were drunk during the first karaoke night. This is supported by them not remembering what happened the day after.
- "Go chew on your own gumballs, Benson!"
- "I can feel this excitement in my bladder!"
301 -- Stick Hockey
Benson: And now I find you holed up in here twiddling some sticks?!
Chong: Who, these pathetic stick twiddlers?
- And also:
Mordecai: And now we're gonna be playing hard all night!
- One can only help but think that naming the Chinese man "Chong" was a shout-out to the racist term "ching-chong" used against the Chinese.
302 -- Bet to Be Blonde
- The blonde cult seemed a bit too gay.
- The entire episode revolved around the "dumb blonde" stereotype.
303 -- Skips Strikes
304-305 -- Terror Tales of the Park
- Muscle Man kills himself by driving his RV into a pit just to escape some bad music.
- High Five Ghost gets liquified out of a phone. It really looks nasty when you think about it.
- Benson pukes his gumballs. This looks pretty dirty given the shape of the gumballs...
- Muscle Man's SKIN is ripped off his body. We then get to see him flex. It is highly detailed.
- This exchange, after Rigby's turned into a house and everyone looks around:
Muscle Man: Hey, this place has a great bathroom, Rigby. Mind if I-?
306 -- Camping Can Be Cool
- After the half-stag half-man guy is hit by the park ranger truck.
Park Ranger 1: Did you call up the boys to get the taxidermist?"
- Also when the deer-man is first revealed to talk and have a man's body it looks like as he's stepping out of the bushes that it's going to be a Full-Frontal Assault, but then it's shown that his crotch and other leg are also like a deer.
307 -- Slam Dunk
- Close-up on Margaret's butt. That is all.
- And also Margaret in a bra.
- "You know who else likes to score so she can get computer rights for a week? MY MOM!"
- The use of "Hey Man, Nice Shot" by Filter can count. The song is about Budd Dwyer, a Pennsylvania treasurer who shot himself through the mouth on live TV during a press conference to escape jail time for embezzlement. Apparantly the CN executives thought Richard Patrick, lead singer of the group, was referring to basketball shots.
- The Basketball King puts two basketballs near his penis.
308 -- Cool Bikes
309 -- House Rules
310 -- Rap it Up
- Tyler, the Creator, a rapper famous for misogyny, racism and profanity guest stars.
- Donald Glover raps under the name Childish Gambino. Man, he has some sort of a fetish to profanity. And he appears in this episode.
- This exchange. It sounds kinda nasty when you think about it.
Muscle Man: Where'd you get those outfits? My mom's closet?
311 -- Cruisin'
312 -- Under the Hood
313 -- Weekend at Benson's
- The Mississippi Queen's aftereffect was obviously a hard drug trip.
- The jar of Habanero Peppers that Benson eats from says "Pepper on Pepper action".
314 -- Fortune Cookie
- When Benson is picking up a newspaper in nothing but a robe a man with a floor cleaning device walks by and his floor cleaner sucks up Benson's towel rendering him naked.
- Later on in the episode the same guy utters this line after talking to Mordecai and Rigby "Oooh! Excuse me, there's a hot chick getting her paper over there" in a rather giddy tone. He then proceeds to start his floor cleaner (the one that rendered Benson nude) and walk over to try and undress the woman.
- Muscle Man plays the old "add 'in bed' to the end of your fortune" game, but replaces "in bed" with "in the back of a car".
- "You know what else is hot and likes to tear through stuff? MY MOM!"
- Benson would rather die then fix the problem. That's a bit depressing to be viewed on Cartoon Network.
Mordecai: Benson, grab the fortune!
- A dim sum cart passes by in the Chinese restaurant. The racist term "chink" appears on it for a split second, then disappears. This was actually taken out in the most recent re-airing.
- The entire staff of the Chinese restaurant come off stereotype-y. Nothing too bad, but still, the person who had a problem with the voice-over for the Playco Armboy would have a field day with this one.
- Also the case with the warlock, who acts like a stereotypical Chinese man: the accent, the small eyes, and smart ways to outfox the workers.
315 -- Think Positive
- During one of Benson's anger rants, he is shown sticking up his finger.
- When Mordecai and Rigby didn't clean the cart after Pops spoke to Benson, Rigby questions what a hose is. And they start to say the word "hose" really slowly.
Rigby: Yeah, and what is a hose? Hooooose...
- One of Benson's flipouts starts with him saying "FFFFF...", and then stopping himself. It's pretty obvious what he was going to say.
316 -- Skips vs. Technology
- When discussing a computer, Techmo makes a comment about "jacking in."
- One of Error 220's random pop-ups reads Do Me.
317 -- Butt Dial
- Mordecai wakes up seemingly a little drunk.
- He says he "felt so good" last night after hanging out Margaret.
- The song Mordecai sings to Margaret seems a little suggestive. The lyrics seem to imply that he wants her to have sex with him, but if they did, it would seem like a friends-with-benefits relationship.
- This sounds rather rape-like if Margaret didn't know he was talking to Rigby.
Margaret: Maybe we can do it again, sometime.
- It is heavily implied that Margaret had sex with Mordecai.
318 -- Eggscellent
319 -- Gut Model
- If you've learned the baseball metaphors for sex, than this line makes some of the most radar dodging things tame. As a reminder: scoring = sex, striking out = no sex.
Muscle Man: While you'll be striking out with chicks, I'll be scoring with wings and chicks."
- Muscle Man is asked to pose as a pregnant woman.
- They also mention how real pregnant women cost twice the money to buy.
- Muscle Man is shown numerous pictures of topless men... with nipples.
- Muscle Man's nipples show when he lifts up his shirt. In the same scene, you can see he doesn't have pants on, even though it isn't heavily implied.
320 -- Video Game Wizards
- In the crowd, one man is apparently sticking up a finger.
321 -- Big Winner
- When dancing in the wing restaurant, Muscle Man does pelvic thrusts to the music playing out of the jukebox.
322 -- The Best Burger in the World
- In the food truck commercial, a picture of a middle finger is shown.
323 -- Replaced
- Mordecai's pizza parties are pretty obviously supposed to bring to mind another kind of party. This is only supported by the fact that the house is trashed at the beginning of the episode after one.
- The mess from the party was probably caused from being so drunk they forgot to clean up.
- Benson almost drops an S-Bomb, only avoiding by saying "ship". The utterance sounds a lot like he's going to say shit, then dodges at the last second to say ship.
324 -- Trash Boat
- The bad guy of the episode's name? The Urge.
325 -- Fists of Justice
326 -- Yes Dude Yes
- On one of their dates, Mordecai and C.J. see a cloud shaped like an ass.
- CJ takes off all of her clothes when turning into a cloud and going all out on Mordecai.
- A line from the robot movie? Teach me how to love.
327 -- Busted Cart
- After a mishap involving a napkin covering his eyes, Benson is forced to take a sobriety test when the police pulls him over.