Saturday Video Entertainment System
The Saturday Video Entertainment System (SVES) was a block of action animation (both Anime and Western) similar to another block currently airing at the time. The block aired on Saturday nights from March 2003 to April 2004. It featured bumpers reminiscent of older arcade games with a Samus Aran-like character in a space fighter craft.
Programs aired during the blocks run included:
- Batman: The Animated Series
- Cyborg 009
- Dragon Ball
- Dragonball Z
- Dragon Ball GT
- Duel Masters
- G.I. Joe (A Real American Hero and the Spy Troops movie)
- G Gundam
- Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
- Hot Wheels Highway 35 World Race (they didn't air Acceleracers though; that would premiere two years later on Toonami)
- Jackie Chan Adventures
- Justice League
- Knights of the Zodiac
- Max Steel
- The Powerpuff Girls Movie
- Rurouni Kenshin
- Samurai Jack
- Superman: The Animated Series
- Teen Titans
- Transformers Armada
- Transformers Energon
- X-Men: Evolution
- Yu Yu Hakusho
- Zoids: New Century Zero
- Zoids Fuzors
- Samus Is a Girl: At the end of the block, the pilot would take off their helmet, revealing it to be a female character.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: Acted pretty much the same as Toonami (and even DID air many of its same shows), except airing on a Saturday.
This page needs more trope entries. You can help this wiki by adding more entries or expanding current ones.