Shown Their Work/Fan Works
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The Back to The Future fanfic The Almanac Chronicles is accurate with respect to geography, as well as history from 1958 to November 22, 1963, when President John F. Kennedy is not assassinated due to a side effect of Biff's fortunes .
- TheThe Butterfly Effect fanfic The Butterfly Effect 0 is accurate with respect to southern New York state geography as well as historical events.
- A lot of details went into the researching behind the locations, schools and universities that appear in the Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle real-world AU Freefall, as well as the symptoms of leukaemia, which a main character is diagnosed with early in the plotline.
- Half of Hunting the Unicorn is a Cerebus Retcon of Blaine's Relationship Sue and Knight in Shining Armor portrayal. The other half is showing what it would take to produce someone like Blaine. Given that the author is studying psychology and read up on medieval chivalry, it isn't surprising that some readers find it so believable.
- The author of Hogyoku Ex Machina asked her high school readers if they could define tuberculosis without using Wikipedia to determine if Ichigo and friends would reasonably know.
- Cornova did a lot of research with regards to the ins and outs of the Pokémon anime for Poke Wars.
- Diane Castle, the author of The Secret Return of Alex Mack, has made a point of doing enough research (or perhaps using her own knowledge) to make the jargon and exposition of experts in various fields seen in the story -- including IT, physics, biochemistry, genetics, even the economics of being a freelance photojournalist -- accurate and plausible.
- Having a patient with an eating disorder, like Melanie in Astral Journey: It's Complicated, has occurred in many cases... it's known as chair rest. In fact, Bed rest had been commonly used in cases of mental illnesses. The practice is sometimes still done but in cases like back and labor pain, which it's typical done in a short period, often more than 48 hours. Now, it's common for recovery to have little need for bed rest as possible as NOT USING is just as bad.
- In The Dark, Geri's recommendation of hypnosis has some research to back up it up. In fact, even Mythbusters put the concept of hypnosis by creating a mock-crime. The results from the hypnosis yielded results more effective than without.