“For Life, the universe and Everything, this die will decide your fate!”
—Our Hero, Thomas, nearing the climax.
Silent Knight! However badly named, is a little story about the newest generation of heroes taking on “The Armour of Heaven’s Arrows” and becoming Knight-Like super heroes and defending the world from... well. Whatever the enemy are calling themselves now.
The Hero, Thomas Mason, is living with his mother, whom leaves him alone for long spaces of time due to her job. However, in a strange act of Compassion, she leaves him some sweet treats and a phone of some kind, while he lazes around at home. However, when his neighbour comes round, delivering a parcel delivered to her house by accident, he discovers that his mother was once a Magical Girl and that he now must become one, too, or something similar and save the planet from what can, at this point, only be described as “Bad Things.” So, with a bunch of people he doesn’t know, Thomas is forced to become a hero at a very young age...
- An Aesop: Thomas’ hate of Stereotypes ends up as the basis behind the story.
- Bishonen: All of the male characters, or at least most, are slender and very, very sexy.
- Blatant Lies: A tactic all of the knight’s parents had to use, particularly Sky and Thomas’.
- Butt Monkey: What Thomas’ Mom’s job as a PA ends up as.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: This seems to be Vito’s favourite pastime.
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: Being slapped by a metal hand a good dozen times can’t be fun.
- Corporal Punishment: Due to Vito’s true nature as a Replacement Goldfish, whenever he would act in a Hot-Blooded way, or, at least, unlike Alicia, he would get beaten quite severely.
- Curtains Match the Window: Vito, Saffron and Allison in human form; all the knights transformed.
- Dead Little Sister: Merrick’s little sister Alicia died of Cancer.
- Disk One Final Boss: Merrick is this. The real big bad, Omikarren, is a lot tougher, too.
- Embarrassing First Name: Sky’s first name is Magis. He hates it.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Usually, but Allison calls him Magis.
- Eyes of Gold: Saffron.
- Five-Man Band: The original five knights form this.
- The Hero: Thomas, the Scarlet Knight
- The Lancer: Sky, the Sky Knight
- The Chick: One Could say Saffron, the Sunshine Knight, is this.
- The Big Guy: Allison, the Amber Knight
- The Smart Guy: Yuka, the Emerald knight
- Sixth Rangers: Emily, also The Heart and the Plum Knight, and Vito, the Violet Knight.
- Heel Face Revolving Door: A side effect of Vito’s Chronic Backstabbing Disorder.
- Heroic BSOD: Thomas, when it looks like his mother is dead and also when Sky is beaten so hard he’s in hospital for a week.
- Vito, too, though one could class this as Villainous BSOD, suffers one when he recalls his Fate Worse Than Death past.
- Manly Tears: Recalling his past, Vito starts to cry.
- Purple Eyes: Noticeably averted with Vito, whose eyes are Gray Eyes.
Author: Did you honestly think his eyes would be Purple?! That’s just silly!
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Oh, lord, Thomas.
- Replacement Goldfish: Vito is this to Merrick’s Dead Little Sister.
- The Reveal: Vito isn’t actually human; he’s a computer programme created to be like Alicia, Merrick’s little sister.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: Vito, having the writing skills of a five-year-old, can’t spell well.
After a long time, Vito stopped writing, glancing down at his effort, shyly. It was written in beautiful font, but said “My Mane is Vito and I luck for teams.”
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: the first two female knights, Allison and Saffron, respectively.