As quoted from the community pages, Singularity is a panfandom science fiction roleplaying game played out between a gigantic ring-world orbital station and a planet in the pre-Eden stages of terraforming.
The space station is named Sacrosanct. It's divided into 32 zones, each the size of a small country... and it's nearly empty. The reason why is known only to the A.I. in charge, a certain blue lady designated as Hypatia. She's a little nuts.
In contrast to that, the planet is named Asphodel and is a base for The Resistance, though the application of The Power of Friendship is debatable at best and non-existent at worst. Oh, and watch out for the wildlife.
Player characters are brought into the mix when they are pulled into Sacrosanct via what amounts to a rip in space-time. They dropped into the junkyard and are sent through the chemical showers while their belongings are decontaminated, before being given a wearable and released into the station. Oh right, and they're also told that there's no way back. This is where the fun begins.
The profile page can be found here.
- Alternate Universe: Singularity allows for (sometimes multiple) AU versions of a character in addition to the canon one. Among other things this means we have a preposterous amount of Daves.
- Back from the Dead: As long as someone has used a teleporter, they respawn after death. Occasionally with mutations.
- Killed Off for Real: Members of the Underworld don't use teleporters, so they do die if they are killed.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: Hypatia has started doing this to people who displease her.
- Jin Tian's wings were torn off when he messed with The Rift in an attempt to send everyone home and accidentally ended up breaking the laws of physics.
- Transformers: Prime Soundwave was torn limb from limb, with said limbs scattered across the station, for using Dark Energon to control Terrorcons to find Hypatia's central database. Breakdown had his other eye removed and Knock Out lost his Transformation Cog for helping him get the Dark Energon onto the station.
- Elaborate Underground Base: Asphodel's tunnels.
- Fantastic Racism: Of every kind, to the point where "space racism" is a running joke among the players. Robots to humans, humans to robots, trolls to robots, and humans to aliens to name a few.
- Holographic Terminal: Wearables can function as these.
- Mind Hive: Hypatia is broken up into fragments. The more homicidal one(s) appear to be in charge at present.
- Mood Whiplash: Frequent; going from happy fun space prom shenanigans to the Dead Space/SHODANceparty 1 events, for instance.
- The Purge: Hypatia initiated at least one in the past, and some station residents fear she's building up to another one.
- Running Gag: Zaeed would like to take you back to that one time...
"Also if this situation 'takes you back' in any way, or if you have any stories about freakish magical pregnancies that end in you being the only one to make it out alive, can you please just. Not say anything."
- Sand Worm: Magmaworms are what you'd get if you crossed one of these with a thresher maw.
- Theme Naming: The residential zones are named for scientists and sci-fi authors.
- Air Vent Passageway: Used by necromorph Shepard. Also Thane and Parker, more frequently.
- Angrish: Karkat finally lost all coherency when meeting the Sufferer.
- Artificial Limbs: Alejandro and Kimiko had theirs when they came. SHODAN gave out robotic limbs like they were candy for SHODANce Party 2.
- Big Damn Heroes: The resolution of the SHODAN plot; the rescue of Jin; there will be others.
- Body Horror: One word: SHODAN.
- Let's add two more words: black rock. Coughing up rocks and choking on your own blood is a nasty way to go.
- Also Dead Space. The thread where Shepard became a necromorph is not for the squeamish.
- Jin's violent wing removal.
- Prime!Soundwave's dismemberment.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: A large chunk of the Homestuck cast after SHODAN got her claws on them.
- Dueling Hackers: Hacker Team vs. SHODAN.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Camille, to get rid of the black rock.
- High School Dance: Space Prom.
- Kink Meme: There was one in character.
- Killed Mid-Sentence: Alan Bradley was publicly executed in a Wham! Episode post.
- Mushroom Samba: A chunk of the station population went on one for a couple days after Thane fell in the water supply.
- This also happens if you eat magmaworm blood.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Helping Hypatia contain Twosix? Maybe not such a good idea.
- Fire destroys black rock. Striderhaus was contaminated, so Red Dave burned it down... turns out John and Vriska were still in there. Welp.
- Jin poked the rift and broke all of reality.
- The Plague: Black rock is a particularly nasty one.
- Shout-Out: The Potato/Fetchquest event was full of Portal shoutouts.
- Unwilling Roboticisation: SHODAN's takeover, again.
- You Meddling Kids: The Homestuck cast tends to have their hands in every plot that requires some sort of hardcore resolution, and most of them haven't even turned fifteen.
- Due to the ridiculous amount of kids on the station, most of whom are eager to help, this happens a lot.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: Hypatia.
- Awkward Father-Son Bonding Activity: Legion wants to take Eve fishing...
- Badass Crew: Normandyhaus, obviously. Spartanhaus as well.
- Bi the Way: Alejandro Borges, who is currently in a relationship with Donut.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Karkat. Constantly. Lampshaded below:
LET ME SING YOU THE SONG OF MY PEOPLE.
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUUUUUCK FUUUUCK FUUUCK FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK
- Crossover Ship: (in-universe)
- Drives Like Crazy: Commander Shepard has the Mako and the Hammerhead now. Duck and cover. Seriously, the first thing she did with the Mako was destroy Alejandro's shop with it.
- Interspecies Adoption: Legion foundEve digging through trash and decided to adopt her.
- I Thought Everyone Could Do That: Oh, Eve.
Eve: I can shoot my tears like they are bullets, which is sort of like a gun, but knife throwing seems easier.
Ashley: Wait, what?
Eve: Is that not a thing people can do? They don't just sort of come out the size and force of some kind of ball for everyone?
- Large Ham: Quite a few.
- Date Yourself: Orange and Pink Dave.
- Memetic Sex God: (in-universe example) AM's achievements game includes one for having a crush on Shepard.
- Odd Friendship: Quite a few cases, such as Emile and Fluttershy.
- Painting the Fourth Wall: Deadpool speaks in yellow boxes even on audio or video posts.
- Ridiculously-Human Robots: Most of the A Is inhabit these. Also, Chellbot.
- Short Distance Phone Call: At least once, Terezi has posted a memo that was answered by several trolls who were all in Trollhive at the time. Also, Chell and Chellbot text each other while in the same room.
- There Was a Door: What does Vriska have against windows, anyway?
- Kanaya and Karkat typically climb through each other's windows when they want to see each other. In fact, Kanaya is using windows more frequently.
- Twin Threesome Fantasy: Jade is not only dating Dave. She's dating two Daves. And this is perfectly acceptable.