Sonic Blast Man
Sonic Blast Man is a series created by Taito. It first began in the arcades where you play as the titular superhero, you must punch targets by hitting a pad hard enough. Each target will have a certain amount of resistance, and you're only allowed three hits. It came to the SNES in the form of a Beat'Em Up with the arcade's levels being treated like bonus stages after each round. Both versions of the game got a sequel, which are Real Puncher, featuring new characters and scenarios, but Only released in Japan and Europe, and Sonic Blast Man II, featuring new characters and improving the gameplay mechanics.
- Absurdly Spacious Sewer: The third stage.
- Action Girl: Sonia in the second game.
- Alien Invasion: The second game on the SNES has you facing off against an invading alien race known as the Yafu empire.
- Battleship Raid: The last stage of Sonic Blast Man II for the SNES.
- Bowdlerise: The Japanese version of the first game had you fighting female thugs. The were replaced with male thugs in the overseas versions.
- Color-Coded Multiplayer=/=Competitive Balance: In the second game only:
- Evil Twin: Heavy Blast Man, who's featured in both SNES games.