A short-lived Cartoon Network animated series, Squirrel Boy was created by Everett Peck (best known for this other show, Duckman). Airing for little more than a year (2006-2007), the series followed the adventures of a 9 year-old boy named Andy and his pet squirrel named Rodney. The show ended in cancellation.
No relation to Squirrel Girl.
"Maybe. Are you thinking there's an untapped market for edible socks?"
- Ax Crazy: Archie, Kyle, and the crazy dog.
- All Just a Dream: "The Rod Squad' episode was actually just a dream he had after he passed out eating several boxs of cinnamon buns which the family needed for an event... a problem he attempted to solve in his dream.
- Bandito: Salty Mike becomes one in "Gumfight at the S'Okay Corral".
- Big Bad: Kyle and Salty Mike
- Black Comedy Rape: Ranger Stu tied Leon's legs in order to put him on his head.
- Briefcase Full of Money: Parodied.
- The Brute: Kyle
- Calvin Ball
- Camp Gay: Ranger Stu
- Cowboy Episode: "Gumfight at the S'Okay Corral"
- Curse Cut Short: Was it a curse? (When "three" sees "fun" walking down the street, three grabs fun's face and--"
- Deranged Animation:
- Did Not Do the Research: Rodney's concept of haggling, where instead of bargaining for less, he "bargains" for more.
- The Ditz: Kyle and Ranger Stu.
- Dumb Muscle: Ranger Stu
- Everythings Nuttier With Squirrels: Check the name of the show.
- Exposed Animal Bellybutton: Rodney.
- Eye Glasses: Andy.
- Foot Focus: Kyle's smelly, toe-jammed, sandaled feet in "Islands in the Street".
- I Can't Believe It's Not Heroin: Mr's Flatbottom's lemonade in "Flatbottom's Up".
- Idiot Hero: Rodney.
- I'll Take Two Beers, Too!: In "Ice Cream Anti-Social", Rodney orders two sludgies, and Andy says he'll have the same.
- Large Ham: Rodney.
- My Future Self and Me: "The Grim Cheaper" (although technically this is just an Imagination Spot that gets way out of hand).
- No Ending: Some episodes ended without anything really being resolved.
- No Name Given: Any non-Johnson.
- Only Sane Man: Mr. J.
- Railing Kill: Happens to the crazy cat in "Gumfight at the S'Okay Corral".
- Rule of Funny
- Safety Worst: Oscar, at all times.
- Shout-Out: To Dungeons and Dragons, of all things. In episodes with the exterminator, Rodney is always mistaken to be a "Giant Sumatran Wall Rat".
- Show Within a Show: Puggo.
- Spinning Paper: "News It or Lose It"
- Strange Minds Think Alike
- This Loser Is You: Rodney.
- Tongue on the Flagpole: In "The Grim Cheaper", imaginary future Andy (It Makes Sense in Context) gets his tongue stuck on an icicle during the sled chase through the deep frozen house (which also makes sense in context).