"You looking at me? I'll smash yer face in!"
Team Buddies, where Men are pill-people, women are pill-people, and there are no children in sight.
Team Buddies is a 2000 video game made for the Playstation one, a cross between RTS-style gameplay and Third-person RPG. The main gameplay element is the collecting, stacking, and destroying of crates. Each team starts out at their base, has to run to the crate drop area, pick up a crate, run back and deposit it on their 2x2x2 stacking pad. Rinse, lather, and repeat. Different weapons, vehicles and team members are created through differing combinations of crates on different levels. For example, in the first world, you get your basic soldier and commando. In later worlds, you get ninjas, medics, and a whole range of other fun things. In the storymode, you have a number of different worlds, each with their own theme. The multiplayer has a few different gametypes, the basic deathmatch, domination and capture the flag, along with a unique mode called bomball.
- All Deserts Have Cacti (In the Egyptian levels, no less)
- Artificial Stupidity (Any buddy not under your direct control will keep doing what you told it to last, leading to situations where a buddy will keep bringing crates back to base until they are killed)
- Capture the Flag
- Cluster F-Bomb Especially so in the European version.
When accidentally shooting your own buddies: "Are you fuckin' mental?!"
- Crate Expectations (One of the main gameplay elements)
- Combat Medic
- Cutscene (At the beginning of each world)
- Difficulty by Region
- Enemy Chatter
- Highly-Visible Ninja
- Hit Points
- Instant Win Condition
- Katanas Are Just Better (Used by the ninja)
- Ninja Looting (Someone else kills the guy or destroys the object, you can swoop in and grab the ammo/health)
- Palette Swap (All of the regular buddies are just differently colored versions of the opposing teams)
- Rewarding Vandalism (Trees, animals, structures, you name it. If it moves, it can die)
- Run, Don't Walk (One speed, and one speed only)
- Shoot the Medic First
- Sorting Algorithm of Weapon Effectiveness
- Timed Mission (practically all of them)
- Video Game Flight (some of the laate-game characters, as well as some vehicles)
- Virtual Paper Doll (Unlockable skins in multiplayer)
- Wrap Around (The tunnels at the edge of the map)