The Angry Beavers/Recap/E05 Gift Hoarse
It's Arbor Day! Christmas for beavers everywhere! The beavers receive their gifts from mom and dad. Norbert gets a really cool train set, while Dag gets... a lightly scented pine tree decoration. Daggett gets jealous and tries to sabotage Norb's new train set.
Tropes featured in this episode:
- Art Shift: Daggett's thought ballon visuals depict everything like kindergarten drawings, colored roughly with crayons. It's actually a Running Gag in the series, and this is just the first instance of it.
- Characterization Marches On: This is the first time we see Dag wear his Muscular Beaver costume. Norb compliments it when he sees it. But, in later episodes, Norb bemoans the sight of it.
- Christmas Episode
- Cool Train: A shame Dag had to go and destroy it.
- Downer Ending: For Dag, since he loses out on a monster truck at the end of the episode to Norb. Dag did bring it on himself though.
- Shoot the Shaggy Dog: Poor Dag...
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: Dag, after Norb offers to trade for the pine tree decoration: "Why... this is what I've always wanted."
- What Were You Thinking?: Norb to Dag, after Dag destroyed his train.