The Angry Beavers/Recap/E08 Salmon Sez
The Beavers wake up the loudness of salmon banging against the dam. Dag sees the salmon as a threat and makes attempts to get rid of them. All fail. Norb, knowing the salmon are just trying to go upstream to spawn, makes peace with them.
Tropes featured in the episode:
- Always a Bigger Fish: There are a few salmon that look the size of groupers! A couple even try to eat Dag!
- Babies Ever After
- Comically Missing the Point: The beavers see a news report explaining how the salmon can't get upstream because there's something blocking their path:
Dag: Wow, what a dump.
Norb: Dag, that's our house.
Dag: Cool! We're on TV!
- Face Palm: Norb, upon seeing Dag's salmon disguise.
- Fun with Acronyms: Dag thinks "Spawn" stands for "Smashing Property and Whomping Norb".
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: The "Beaver's Natural Enemies" chart, that Norb shows Dag, is only on camera for two seconds, but the chart includes such ridiculous things like "blood-thirsty voles" and "vicious banana slugs".
- A God Am I: Dag, when thinking he's defeated the salmon with the cement:
"Hail to me! Daggett! Ruler of the river! Viva La Beaver!"
- Minor Injury Overreaction: A twig lands on Dag's head. He acts like he got hit with a baseball bat several times.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Dag's salmon costume. Even has a price tag on it.
- The Talk
- Took a Level in Badass: Dag attempts... but, fails.
- What the Hell, Hero?:
Norb: Did it EVER occur to you that filling the stream with cement might, possibly, maybe, have a bad effect on our dam? Like, say for example, TOTALLY DESTROYING IT?!