The Angry Beavers/Recap/E13 Enter the Daggett
Tired of running away from danger (something that all beavers, including Norbert, naturally do), Daggett takes a home martial-arts course and is suddenly picking fights with the other animals.
- Written by: Mark Palmer
- Storyboard by: Mitchell Schauer, Ty Schafrath
- Animation Director: Bobtown Productions
Tropes featured in this episode:
- Affectionate Parody: To Enter the Dragon obviously. A few references to The Karate Kid pop up too.
- Berserk Button: The shrew is willing not to fight Dag after Norb's bribe, but when Dag makes fun of his ears, all bets are off.
- Buffy-Speak / Foreshadowing: "Remember that... headband... thingy I taught you."
- Comically Small Bribe: Norb pays the animals one dollar each not to fight Daggett. They accept. When Dag learns this, he offers to pay the animals two dollars each for them to fight him. Of course they accept.
Barry the Bear: "Two bucks? Two bucks? Daggett, get ready to tumble!"
- Everything's Worse with Bees: Dag gets his feet stuck in a bees' nest while trying to attack Barry the Bear.
- Highly-Visible Ninja: Daggett probably would have been better off sneaking up on the animals while wearing nothing. His ninja outfit just stands out way too much.
- Hollywood Chameleons: "I got one word, Camouflage"
- Hachimaki: "The Headband Thingy". It's apparently a way to attack your enemies while the headband is over your eyes. Obviously the point is to "listen" to where your enemies are coming from, but Dag completely misses that point and thinks that placing the headband over his eyes automatically makes him tough and invincible.
- Saying Sound Effects Out Loud: Silent Wind of Doom whoosh!
- Saying Too Much: Daggett could also possibly sneak up on the other animals if he wasn't practically narrating what he's doing out loud!
- Understatement: When Dag rushes out into the forest to challenge all the forest animals to a fight, Norb, very casually and in a relaxed tone, says, "Oh boy. This is... not good."