The Angry Beavers/Recap/E15 Mission to the Big Hot Thingy
The Beavers are at a space station admiring all the animals that have ventured into space. Norb notices there aren't any beavers. Dag and Norb hitch a ride on a space shuttle so they can be the first beavers in space. However, they soon realize, they're experimental animals, and are being sent to the sun. Dag and Norb quickly learn that a "dam" can be built in space blocking out the sun's gravity.
Tropes featured in this episode:
- Casual Danger Dialogue / Comically Missing the Point: At the end when the earth freezes, due to the 'gravity dam' blocking out the sun, all the mission control guy can worry about is how his coffee is now cold.
- Fridge Logic: Dag and Norb got on the space shuttle without permission mere seconds before it blasted into space. Yet, there's a giant TV, videos, and equipment for experiments. So... who or what was the space shuttle intended for? And, why weren't they in the shuttle already before the Beavers got on board? And, why does the spacecraft look like a beaver? Man, talk about a major Contrived Coincidence.
- My Life Flashed Before My Eyes: Happens to Norb and Dag after they start running out of oxygen.
- Noodle Incident: Out of all the experiments Dag and Norb are instructed to do on the spacecraft, we only see them do one. And it's... a peculiar one. One wonders what the other experiments they had to do were like.
- Science Is Useless: There is absolutely nothing scientific about sending animals into space, and then sending them into the sun.
- Shout-Out: To 2001: A Space Odyssey. Dag and Norb destroy The Monolith while building their gravity damn.
- Space Does Not Work That Way: A gravity dam? Okay...
- This Is No Time to Panic:
Dag: WE'RE SPIRALING INTO THE SUN! WE'RE DOOM-ED!