The Blue Dragon
Be careful what you wish for... There just may be a hidden history lurking in you
—Tagline of the first story
The Blue Dragon is a series of currently[when?] two fanfictions written by one of our very own tropers, Rovas117 or Viperwatcher - or better known as Zayril Rovas. Based upon the The Legend of Spyro video games series and inspired by a bunch of other stories.
Demex Windsor, a normal fifteen-year-old boy, lives in a perfectly normal town in a perfectly normal neighborhood. Oh and he wishes to be a dragon ever since he was five. He has always been fascinated by them and always has been driven to learn more about them. He dreams of being one often - often being probably every other night. One night, after a normal school day, before going to sleep he stated as usual, "I wish to be a dragon.". The next day, after awakening, he realizes he is not in his bed anymore and cannot use his body properly... Thus begins the plot-line of the first story.
Oh and Needs More Love.
- Action Girl: About every named female in this series has traits of this.
- All Your Powers Combined: The Elemental Storm used by the Sorcerer in Arc 2.
- Applied Phlebotinum: The portal system and associated crystals.
- The Atoner: Malefor
- Babies Ever After: Happens to all three of the main protagonists. Rightly so, due to all the trouble they went through.
- Baleful Polymorph: Averted and Subverted. Averted in the sense that when Demex, and later Josh enter the Dragon Realms, they become dragons, making them physically stronger as well as gaining new abilities. Subverted as they lose their opposing fingers, and when they (and later, Felix and Despair) go back to the Human Realms, they lose their dragon abilities. However, they can re-transform if necessary there.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: After wishing to be a dragon every night ever since he was five, Demex, becomes one - apparently not believing in this saying.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Despair
- Changeling Fantasy: Subverted as Demex unknowingly met and lived with his brother Spyro for over a year. It is not until later where he finally meets his other brother. It is not until even later where he finds the blood relation (along with Spyro) out with his true father with the rest (save one) of his true family. See the Luke, I Am Your Father entry below. But of course, he loves it there and in the finale, he chooses to stay in the Dragon Realms instead of the Human World permanently.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: In chapter 47, Felix and Hope take major electrocutions from the Sorcerer's lightning spell.
- Dark Is Evil: The dark elements who corrupted and possessed Malefor which caused him to go on his long tour of destruction, genocide, and the like. He gets better near the beginning of TBD 2 though.
- Dark Despair in TBD 2
- Dark Is Not Evil: Cynder in both stories. Despair in TBD 2.
- Demonic Possession: The dark elements possess Delnok in the first half of TBD 1 due to his lack of mental defenses.
- Flash Back: Happens to Delnok in TBD 1, who contemplates what last happened since being frozen for over a decade.
- Fish Out of Water: After Josh, Felix, and Despair/Hope enter the Human Realms in TBD 2, the latter two take some time to adjust - especially due to their new-found bodies.
- Heroic BSOD: Spyro in the second-half of TBD which also causes him to lose control over himself and his powers. It Gets Worse.
- Human Popsicle: Well... More like Dragon Popsicle to Nomex.
- Intercontinuity Crossover: The two Spyro universes crossover in TBD 2.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Despair
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: In some scenes this happens.
- Long Lost Sibling: Spyro, Demex, and Delnok are all children of Malefor and Nomex and were separated and born at different times. They finally realize this once Malefor informs them of their lineage.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: In a touching scene, Malefor tells this to Demex, Delnok, and Spyro. Much huggage and heartwarming ensues.
- Mind Screw: The happenings of "Chapter 46: Samotoc". It gets more screwy near the end. Thankfully...
- Mind Screwdriver: "Chapter 47" explains why all that crazy stuff happened in the previous chapter.
- The Multiverse: There have been three universes discovered so far in the series with more it seems to come.
- Not Quite Back to Normal: Happens to Demex (and later Josh) once he returns back to the human world and regains his human form. Here, he realizes that he can still use his ice powers and after a little help from Ignitus, turn back into a dragon.
- Redheaded Hero: Felix's human form.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Demex, after seeing his son Felix being brutally tortured in Chapter 47, breaks out of being chained to several pillars and becomes Dark Demex.
- To a certain Kingdom Hearts character nonetheless in Book 2 Chapter 20.
- Happens again in Book 2 Chapter 28, where RPG battle transitions and battle musics in general are referred to.
- Slippy-Slidey Ice World: Dante's Freezer.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: Spyro, once he snaps and loses control of his power due to the disappearance of Demex.
- Also Demex in Chapter 47. See the Roaring Rampage of Revenge entry.
- This Is Sparta: "WE'RE NOT TOGETHER!"
- Trapped in Another World: Happens to Demex at the beginning of TBD 1. But...
- Trapped in TV Land: Apparently, unbeknownst to Demex at that time, the world traveled to was a video game series. Also happens to Josh near the beginning of TBD 2, who informs the former about this.
- White-Haired Pretty Boy: Despair's human form.
- Year Inside, Hour Outside: One year in the Dragon Realms is equal to one week in the Human Realms - as Demex found out first-hand when he got sent back to the Human World.