The Emperor and the Marty Stu
The Emperor and the Marty Stu is an Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny fan fiction written by Arcadiarika. Basically, it's a crossover with The Arcadian Legends and Twilight, specifically two characters.
Oh, and it is the first story in the cracky The Multiverse (Mainly The Arcadian Legends) vs. Twilight Saga.
After receiving a note, the Arcadians decide to have Emperor Damien Kurogane battle a mysterious challenger. This challenger is actually Edward Cullen, and he makes a deal: if he manages to kill Damien, he would transform the other Arcadians into his own vampires. Damien tries to use his fire-type moves against Edward, but he faces an obstacle when the "vampire" deflects his attacks. Now the young Emperor must figure out a way to defeat the vampire before he ends up dead...
Obtained a sequel, The Professor vs. the Werewolf.
- A Wizard Did It: The reason why Edward is so nigh-invincible in his defenses is because, well, he's a Marty Stu created by a woman who falls in love with him in her dreams. Same thing for Bella, only she is pretty much Stephenie's Wish Fulfillment form.
- Balloon Belly: Both Damien and Catherine ended up obtaining one; the former after swallowing Edward alive, the latter after taking Bella's attack in Hikaria's place.
- Bishie Sparkle: Used as an attack.
- Character Derailment: Let's put it this way: Edward's personality differs vastly from that from his own series.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Your Mileage May Vary, but when Damien and Catherine eat Edward and Bella, respectively, alive. Even though the two Arcadians obtain balloon bellies and end up sick.
- Did Not Do the Research: Somewhat subverted: the author knows how to kill a Twilight vampire, but it's a What If? sort of thing. What would happen if fire-type moves don't kill Edward?
- Also, I mistook Edward's hearing of thoughts as mind-reading. Then again, some people confuse one as the other, so...
- Fate Worse Than Death: Well, more like a Fate Just As Bad As Death, but still...
- Idiosyncratic Part Naming: all five parts are called "Acts," with the extended ending being the "Special Act." Why? They reference the events of a play (never mind that it's not a Script Fic...)
- Just Eat Him: This is pretty much Edward's fate: he is eaten by Damien, and the stomach acid will kill him. Bella, too, even though she did it to herself.
- Kill It with Fire: subverted: not even Damien's Ultimate Inferno kills Edward.
- Shown Their Work: The battlers' Stu-nesses are referenced, and several ideas/quotes from one of the two source materials are used.
- Marty Stu: Guess who? However, he is trapped/dead in the end. Also hung a lampshade several times throughout the fanfic.
- Oh Crap: Edward's reaction when he realizes that Damien is about to perform his vore-related Forbidden Technique.
- Shout-Out: Hoo boy...
- As mentioned above, Twilight is referenced.
- Edward and Bella plan to use their vampires in order to take over the canonical worlds, all from different series. Damien and Catherine respond, "Of course!"
- Damien's final attack is called...the Forbidden Technique.
- The effect that happens when Damien is temporarily blinded by the sparkles is called The Flash Effect.
- Also, at the end of Act One, "the proverbial stage was set, and the curtain was about to rise." Although paraphrased, it is from Pokemon Battle Revolution when the announcer speaks.
- Take That: To Twilight, naturally.
- Taking the Bullet: More like taking the attack, but Catherine protected Hikaria from Bella's attack, making the Knight's belly swell due to Bella's presence.
- Too Dumb to Live: Bella, of course. See What an Idiot below.
- What an Idiot!: Yes, Bella, letting yourself be eaten by an Arcadian so that Edward, who was already eaten by Damien, would rescue you is such an excellent idea...not!
- Writer on Board: In Act Five, the author can't shut up about how -ivores work in the circle of life. It doesn't help that she took Introductory to Biology...