The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy/Fanfic Recs
These are recommendations made by Tropers for The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be Zapped (wiki). Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
General Fics[edit | hide]
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Something Grim This Way Comes (crossover)
- Recommended by Truec
- Pairing: hints of Mandy/Harry, with some Eris/Ron played for laughs
- Synopsis: Instead of moving to Endsville where she would meet and, for lack of a better word, befriend Billy, Mandy moved to England as a child, and 'befriended' her new neighbor, Harry Potter. Several years later, when a letter from a certain magical school arrives, Mandy refuses to be left behind, and has Grim whip up a solution. Features students Harry, Mandy, Nergal Jr., and Eris, and Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor Hoss Delgado.
Mandy's Metropolis by frogman
- Recommended by: The Otaku Ninja
- Synopsis: After traveling to a post apocalyptic society, Billy discovers a secret deep inside the halls of the empress' palace. Unbeknownst to him, his discovery will trigger a series of events that will decide the fate of humanity for years to come.
- Comments: This is a rather long story, which capture's the mood of the show pretty well, complete with it's pitch-black humor, and does keep everyone pretty much in character while giving a compelling story.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
The Taste Of Pomegranates by Doormouse
- Recommended by Extraintrovert, and Joebro
- Pairing: Grim/Mandy
- Synopsis: Grim is recalled to the Underworld to fulfill his duties, something Mandy will not allow, even if she must literally fight all The Legions of Hell to prevent herself from losing him.