He's an excitable, adventure-loving boy who was raised by Bubbie, a talking whale. Despite her warnings, Flapjack is spellbound by K'nuckles' stories and has set his sights becoming a real ADVENTURER.
- Apologizes a Lot: Even when he's repeatedly told to stop talking.
- Author Avatar / Descended Creator
- Cute Shotaro Boy
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: An enitre episode was devoted to how much he looks like a girl, then later how much he SOUNDS like a girl.
- The Hyena: NYEHEHEHEEEEHEHEEE
- Parental Abandonment
- What Could Have Been: Paul Reubens (the guy known for his alter-ego Pee-Wee Herman) was supposed to voice Flapjack, but he never made it to the recording sessions, so the show's creator decided to voice him.
K'nuckles is a washed-up, old sailor who claims to be the greatest pirate the world has ever known. He's always telling over-the-top tales of his adventures and getting Flapjack wrapped up in his high seas hijinks.
- The Alcoholic / G-Rated Drug: Maple Syrup
- Anti Role Model
- Book Dumb: He can only count to 3. But counting to three allowed him to save all of Stormalong once.
- Brian Doyle Murray
- Let's Get Dangerous: He's basically a lazy man who talks about adventures but never does them, barely knows how to write and count, and evryone in-universe make fun of him, but he's capable of carrying Bubbie on his back, winning a fight alone against 100 pirates, escape from a room full of traps, sailing a ship in a storm during a fight against 8-Armed Willy, and stealing wish-candies from a mermaid, among other things and he's 70 or 80 years old.
- Mistaken for Pregnant
- The Slacker: Once held the title for laziest man in Stormalong.
- Talk Like a Pirate
The resident doctor and barber of Stormalong Harbor. Dr. Barber often comes off as having malicious intentions, though he usually means well.
- Heroic Comedic Sociopath
- Mad Doctor
- Truth in Television: In the early days, the titles "barber" and "surgeon" were not entirely separate.
- Verbal Tic: Doctor Barber has the tendency to say "Hmm" and/or "yes" in between sentences.