The Neidermeyer/Playing With
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Basic Trope: A Jerkass military leader hated by his own men.
- Straight: Lt. Kilroy of A Company earns the scorn of his men for being a stuck-up thug.
- Exaggerated: Lt. Kilroy of A Company earns the scorn of his men for being a stuck-up thug whose idea of basic training is to drop his men into an actual warzone without much aid!
- Justified: Lt. Kilroy's the only man qualified, or his placement in A Company is part of a Secret Test of Character by the high brass for the men.
- Inverted: Lt. Kilroy of A Company is a nice guy, but his men are jerks.
- Subverted: Lt. Kilroy's actually a tough and fair Sergeant Rock
- The men are slackers who don't recognize sound discipline when they see it.
- Double Subverted: ...Who brags constantly about how A Company is going to make him famous.
- Parodied: Lt. Kilroy is so tough and unfair that the entire A Company is slaughtered on its first mission.
- Deconstructed: A Company is so sick of Lt. Kilroy and his tactics that they defect to the enemy.
- The troops hate Lt. Kilroy so much that they shoot him during the middle of a battle, and then blame the enemy.
- Reconstructed: Only to realize that while Kilroy was bad news, their new leader General Ripper is far worse. They quickly fall back into line with Kilroy.
- Zig Zagged: Lt. Kilroy switches from tough and fair to just plain tough each day.
- Averted: Lt. Kilroy is a good guy, no strings attached.
- Enforced: The Evil Empire teaches its officers to act this way.
- Lampshaded: "If I ain't that tough maggots, You! Can! Never! Be! Real Men!."
- Invoked: The military high brass purposefully places Lt. Kilroy, the drunkard, illiterate thug "with an F in public relations" into A Company just to see the fur fly.
- Defied: Lt. Kilroy is fragged once he makes his Neidermeyer tendencies known; or, he's humbled by the A Company and changes his ways.
- Discussed: "Does that guy expect to be followed with that attitude?!"
- Conversed: ???
Back to The Neidermeyer, you weak, worthless sacks of shit! This is my show!