The Runaway Guys/Ho Yay
- In this episode of Tim's Plants vs. Zombies: "Chuggaaconroy...I mean, not that I'm a judge of male beauty or anything, but if I looked like him I'd be a lot more proud of myself than I am now, 'cause he's friggin' gorgeous."
- Actually referenced in Subspace; see below.
- Some of the WMG entries lampshade this; for example "Jon is tsundere for Chugga."
- This Tweet...
Proton Jon: @GrandStarYoshi @chuggaaconroy ...you're not helping the situation.
- The near-legendary The Speed Gamers duet between Jon and Chuggaa, singing "A Whole New World." Made even better (or worse, depending on your point of view) by the fact that Jon really sells it.
- Chance Time of Bowser's Magma Mountain. Thanks to Jon, Chuggaa won the game and swapped stars with Wario. This lead to...
Jon: (about Emile) He's hugging me! He's hugging me!
Emile: (hugging Jon) Monkey Hug!
Tim:...I'm witnessing... something...
- From Mario's Rainbow Castle -
New Super Mario Bros Wii
- Let's not forget Chugga's rendition of the Jetson's theme: replace, George Jetson with 'Josh Jepson', Judy with 'Jonny' and Jane with 'Tim' and then listen to the reactions of everyone else.
- Later in Brawl, he asked if since Tim was playing Princess Zelda, did that make Josh a prince since Tim was his "wife". Apparently because of his infatuation with this song, Chugga ships Josh with Tim now.
- If you pay close attention to their second New Super Mario Bros. Wii video, you can hear LOTS of talk like this.
- In the 3rd vid Chugga says he can't live without Jon. Admittedly it's because he tends to die when Jon does, though.
- When they reach the flagpole depending on where they landed, they'll go "I'm on top/bottom" or complain that they wanted to be on top.
Tim: That's What She Said.
- Episode 7: "He was acting really weird. He wanted to kiss everyone last night."
- Before that:
Jon: We brought a house.
Josh: We brought a house. That is shaped like a mushroom.
Chugga: We're starting our lives together!
Josh: No! God, No!
Jon: Why do you want to live with Josh so bad?
Chugga: I meant all four of us.
Josh: *at the same time* He kissed me earlier.
- This would make a good sitcom.
- In episode 8, Jon attempts to guide the others through the fortress...
- "See, no one's understanding those Fire Ball Yum's or Fire Yum's Balls references we're making 'cause that was all stuff we did in the hotel room last night."
- "Why are you just saying thrusting over and over again?" "Because it's THRUSTING!"
- Episode 15 of NSMB Wii has Jon and Josh invoke this while the former is carrying the latter to safety.
Josh: *faking on the verge of crying* Thank you, Jon!
Jon: *ditto* You're welcome.
Josh: You're such a good friend!
Jon: I'm always there for you!
- It also has Chuggaa saying to Jon "What did I ever do to you, honey?" Jon almost ends the video right there.
(Chugga dies when the group reach a ? Block. NCS opens it, releasing a Super Mushroom and 3 Ice Flowers; while Chugga's in the bubble, everyone takes an Ice Flower and Josh gets the mushroom)
Chugga: Thanks a lot! Wha--what are you targeting me for!? What did I ever do to you?
Jon: We've been through this before!
Chugga: What did I ever do to you, honey?
Josh: Um, what?
Jon: Aaaand that's where we stop the video. Good night everybody.
(cut to the end of episode screen for a few seconds, before going back to the game)
- Josh, twice in episode 17 (once per part):
- Episode 11. Jon has invinciblity, Chugga doesn't:
Chugga: Can I have a hug so I can have star power?
Chugga: *fake sad* You never hug me anymore!
Jon: Because you don't deserve it anymore.
Jon: *overdramatic* I NEVER LOVED YOU TO BEGIN WITH!
Chugga: *fake sobbing* You did not just say that! My life no longer has meaning!
- Near the end of episode 10, if you listen carefully, you can hear Jon calling the face Chugga is making "adorable".
- Chugga has a screenshot of one of the enemies (looking like he's) sucking off Diddy Kong. Jon questions this.
- NCS, in a Final Fantasy IV video, mentions a conversation he and Chugga had while they were staying with Jon in Canada... in bed.
- In Episode 8, Chugga insisting that Jon pointed at him and winked, while Jon denies it by saying he was 'just blinking'.
- In episode 9 during the 2 dark Samus fight, Emile seems like he wants to see Jon naked.
- Chugga says that Zero Suit Samus's name is technically inaccurate, as she's actually wearing a suit. Proton Jon replies to this with "It's not a birthday suit." Chugga brings up that it's Jon's birthday. Hilarity Ensues.
Proton Jon: GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!
- In Episode 13 we get Tim/Fox and Ganondorf getting married to Master Hand.
Jon: So I've got two of my favourite characters, and you've got...two...I guess...do you like Fox?
Tim: Yeah, I love him! ...Well, not like that...
- In the process of fighting Kirby, Jon proves Freud right and Chugga makes things worse.
Jon: Captain Falcon has tripped! Doing a seductive pose for you, Kirby!
Chugga: You threw paper at him and he died...
Jon: Why is the top button so sticky!? (NCS laughs) What did you guys do to this controller!?
Chugga: (Quietly) In bed.
- Episode 17:
- An Accidental Innuendo that goes to a familiar place:
Jon: Are you punching Tim?
Chugga: No! I wasn't punching him!
NCS: His arm just happened to be moving in a certain, like, back and forth--
Jon: That's it. Make it sound worse than it actually was.
Chugga: Saying my arm is moving back and forth in a rhythm. Yeah.
Jon: Bow chicka bow wow!
Chugga: With Tim?
NCS: His wife!
Jon: YES! Yes!
- After they pick Wario as their wild card:
- Jon taking reverse psychology to its logical extreme.
Jon: (as they're switching off) It is me and you, but since there's only one character... I'll hold onto this controller and do nothing with it.
Chugga: Don't shove it up your ass.
Jon: Yes, that is exactly what I was going to do. How dare you take that option away from me.
[Chugga laughs and NCS groans]
- Chugga lampshading the (copious) Ho Yay.
Chugga: Hey, at least I didn't call one of the other Runaway Guys 'gorgeous' publicly.
Jon: Dun da-dun dun.
NCS: (groans) Touche.
Jon: He actually saw that.
- Chugga: "You said 'we', 'screw' and 'together' so many times in that sentence."
- In the finale, Chugga and Tim pull Jon into a group hug.
- The bonus video:
Chugga: *notices they got an Ike sticker* Ike!
Jon: Don't rub it in.
Chugga: I'll rub whatever I - *cracks up* nevermind!
Tim: Wow. I'm not touching that with a ten-and-a-half foot pole.
Jon: *Sarcastic Clapping of sarcasm*
Chugga: *laughs* In the morning.
- Jon gets back to the game, Chugga and Tim whisper "In bed" and giggle immaturely*
- In the sixth episode of the Brawl "Imitational Tournament," Chugga accidentally refers to Super Jeenius getting out of bondage. Cue Jeenius grumbling to Chugga, "I thought we agreed, we wouldn't talk about last night on camera!"
Mario Party 2
- Most likely unintentional, but still funny enough to warrant a mention - Before playing Slot Car Derby on the first board, Chuggaa positions his character's car, and it looks like he's mounting Jon from behind.
- JonXWario. "D'oh, I missed you!" Chugga then openly asked the Deviant ART community to draw fanart of the pairing... and boy, did they ever! (Bonus: Jon actually favorited the video on YouTube.)
- "Yoshi is licking my butt."
- Chugga loves Tim's scat
- "69, 69. The shippers are gonna have a field day." (Both Jon and Chugga had 69 coins at the moment.)
- "You blew me up the ass!" Which naturally leads to plenty of lampshading:
Jon: Are you certain you're straight? Because you keep saying things which a straight person should not be saying.
Chugga: I didn't mean it like that! I meant you threw the bomb at the...
Jon: And you wonder why there's slash.
- Chugga wants to know if everything that touches Jon's crotch becomes his possession.
- During Minigame Coaster, Chugga accidentally kicks Tim's leg and feels something in his pocket. He asks if it's his phone, but it's actually his wallet, and when Jon realizes what's going on he has this line:
Jon: He's just happy to see you.
Chugga: (groans) You just fueled so many...
Tim: (sputters incoherently)
Mario Power Tennis Tournament
- This exchange at the beginning:
Emile: So, because we have two people named Jon here, we are going to be referring to our Jon as Jon. I own him, and so does Tim.
Emile: -and we're going to refer to him as JP.
JP: JP! Jonny Paula! Alright.
Jon: Jurassic Park. My initials are PJ, yours are JP, so it's Jurassic Park VS. Pajamas.
JP: That's good. If we got some butter in there we could have a nice PB&J, man. ...That sounded way gayer than it should have been.
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
- Tim comments on the method of exchanging food (what appears to be regurgitating food into others mouths) in Episode 2 after Emile shares food with both Jon and Tim. Lampshaded by Jon.
Tim: That was so kinky.
Emile: Thanks for that!
Jon: I was wondering who was going to break the ice about that subject.
- Proton Jon, in response to Chugga's constant cries of "SUCK IT!":
Chugga: *about to ram into Jon with his kart and defeat him* "SUCK IT!" *misses* "AGH! Dang it! I almost made him suck-" *dissolves into laughter*
Jon: "Would you stop saying 'suck'?!"
Chugga: "I didn't mean to say it..."
Jon: "I'm really starting to wonder what your sexual preference is!"