The Smiths/Tear Jerker
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Probably the biggest Smiths tearjerker ("I Know Its Over" aside) is the surprisingly uplifting and bittersweet "Reel Around The Fountain".
- "Unhappy Birthday". Although, others might find it to be more humorous than anything else.
And you say no
- However, "I Know It's Over" and "Asleep" are Grade-A tearjerkers.
- Nothing can get the depression rolling in like "Everyday is Like Sunday" for some people.
- Also in Morrissey's solo work, two notable tracks are "Late Night, Maudlin Street" and "I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday".
- Others can include "Still Ill" and "Reel Around the Fountain"
- One might love to go... "Back To The Old House".
- The acoustic version on Hatful of Hollow is particularly heartbreaking.
- "There is a Light That Never Goes Out" takes the cake as well.
- And then there are "Please Please Please, Let Me Get What I Want", "Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me", and "Suffer Little Children".
- As well as "Hand In Glove", "That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore", "Well I Wonder", and "Half A Person".