Jump to navigation Jump to search
Toonzai, formerly TheCW4Kids, is a Saturday Morning Cartoon block on The CW that began in August 2010. Owned in large part by 4Kids! Entertainment, Toonzai runs a mostly anime programming block tailored to a younger audience.
Toonzai provides examples of the following tropes:
- Darker and Edgier: Despite the edits, Dragon Ball Z Kai is still quite violent and dark.
- Did Not Do the Research: The Infamous "Piccolo is a Saiyan" commercial bumper.
- Edited for Syndication: Dragon Ball Z Kai presents much more edits in its Toonzai version.
- Expy / Follow the Leader: Of Toonami. Al Khan even cited it as an inspiration.
- Last Of Its Kind: The only remaining children's block on American broadcast television which consists of new content meant to entertain, rather than years-old Reruns of Edutainment Shows (CW stations usually fill the deadest spaces weekday mornings with E/I content on their own, usually from DiC).
- Lighter and Softer: Than its predecessor, Toonami.
- Saturday Morning Cartoon