Total Drama Luxury Tour
A Cody-centric Total Drama Island fanfic by Baconsandwichman. It tells the story of a 4th season where all 24 contestants are competing around the world, but traveling not in a plane, but in three boats.
- Arc Words: "Think of her."
- Black and Gray Morality: Cody notes that even if Gwen and he could never happened, he'd be perfectly content to see her back with Trent. He knows that while Trent's tendencies seen on TDA leave something to be desired, he'd show Gwen the same love and affection Cody would, and not take her for granted like Duncan does.
- Didn't See That Coming: Even Alejandro was surprised when Cody voted himself out rather than vote for any of the girls after the Japan challenge.
- Dogged Nice Guy: Despite Heather's harshness over him losing her million dollars from last season, Ezekiel would still seek her forgiveness even after being knocked around and eliminated, earning advantages for her team and being her only supporter in the final challenge. Heather, for the most part, comes to forgive the prairie boy.
- Humiliation Conga: Flushed down the Alcatraz sewer line, crapped on by wild animals, cold-cocked by an injured Cody, and flinging yourself off a hotel roof into a dumpster. Poor Al.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: The reason Owen approves of Izzy hooking up with Noah, and played with when Cody confesses that he can't choose one girl over the others, remembering what Trent told him, "Think of her", knowing that no matter who he chose, there would be 4 disappointed girls. It's that understanding that convinces Cody to vote himself off.
- Jerkass: Duncan. Guy didn't even bat an eyelash at Gwen breaking up with him over how she lost her friends and respect because of their manipulations and ignoring the unhealthiness of her relationship with the punk.
- Manipulative Bastard: Duncan, at the beginning of the season, anyway, but Alejandro takes the cake, pulling strings and bribing his way through people to get back at Noah after being eliminated, get back on the show, and win a challenge or two.
- Money, Dear Boy: The reason Justin betrayed Noah and had him eliminated, as well as how Alejandro "won" the raffle to re-enter the contest and convinced Chef to help him beat out the girls in the Japanese Souvenir challenge. Actually somewhat justified on Justin's part in a Fridge Brilliance sense: While $1,000 certainly isn't a s much as $5 million, we see that by the end, at least it's guaranteed.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Alejandro to Cody, even Chris is disgusted by it.
- Oh Crap: Turns out to be a literal one for Alejandro during the Alcatraz challenge when Heather's manipulations send him on a one-way trip through the prison's sewer line. and then having the animals take a quick potty break...
- Running Gag: Duncan pretty much Lampshaded the notion that every time his team won they'd get a gift like a gumball machine or a dart board that's "crap" compared to a swimming pool or a furnace. Another would be the Japanese salaryman who's a big fan of Total Drama's candy fish tail commercial and, to Alejandro's great chagrin, won't stop popping up to offer ideas for it.
- Sanity Slippage: After his breakup with Bridgette, Geoff pretty much went from stone cold, geek-seeking psycho up to his elimination to a "BridgeBridgetteBridgetteBridge!" mumbling mental mess on the Aftermath.
- Shallow Love Interest: The focal point of Cody's "The Reason You Suck" Speech to Gwen in the Dracula challenge:
Cody: "Gwen, make no mistake, I am grateful you at least you think of me as a friend despite my feeling for you, but I HATE Duncan! Whatever you see in him, I cannot. To me he is a total jackass who makes off on the expense of others. He shows no remorse to the people he hurts and for you to tell me that I have to forcefully align and cope with my most hated adversary being with the girl I would take a bullet and then some for? No… that is too much to ask, even from you…"
Gwen: "Even "you" are against me being with him?"
Cody: "In the end it's your decision, but riddle me this, what do you like about him that doesn't involve shallow outer attraction?"
Gwen: "He and I share the same interests! We like the same movies, music, style…"
Cody: "…do other interests include pulling pranks on others, bullying the weak, arson, and theft? What about all your other interests GWEN? What about your drawings? Have you once made a sketch since dating him? What about the environment? Have you once even mentioned it since going out with him? And what about the rest of your friends? From Courtney to DJ you always caved in to Duncan on giving everyone else the cold shoulder! I am not saying this just so you would go out with me! Because I know damn well that telling you this here and now probably blows all chances of future consideration. But I know for one thing that you were never like this when you were with Trent! I am telling you this because I bottled it inside me since Greece! DUNCAN IS WRONG FOR YOU!"
- Taking the Bullet: Happens in the pirate challenge when Trent sees a cannonball, fired by Geoff in his vengeful state, flying towards Cody and pushes him out of the way, taking the shot. Turns out, unlike most injuries in the show, to be "serious" enough by Chris's standards that Trent requires medical attention and is ousted from the game as a result.
- Tenchi Solution
- Tsundere: Heather and to a lesser extent, Courtney towards Cody.