Trope Workshop:Butterfly Regeneration
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This is a Trope Workshop page, still under consideration for creation.|
Help out by editing the current page, or leave a comment on the Talk page.
Trope Workshop Guidelines
This Trope page is a stub. You can help All The Tropes by expanding it.
A type of healing in which a new unharmed body comes out of an injured body (sometimes exiting through the mouth), which might resemble a butterfly coming out of a chrysalis.
Examples of Butterfly Regeneration include:
- 1 Advertising
- 2 Anime and Manga
- 3 Comic Books
- 4 Fan Works
- 5 Film
- 6 Literature
- 7 Live-Action TV
- 8 Music
- 9 New Media
- 10 Newspaper Comics
- 11 Oral Tradition, Myths and Legends
- 12 Pinball
- 13 Podcasts
- 14 Professional Wrestling
- 15 Puppet Shows
- 16 Radio
- 17 Recorded and Stand Up Comedy
- 18 Tabletop Games
- 19 Theatre
- 20 Video Games
- 21 Visual Novels
- 22 Web Animation
- 23 Web Comics
- 24 Web Original
- 25 Western Animation
- 26 Other Media
- 27 Real Life
- Orochimaru from Naruto can exit a healed version of himself from the mouth of his possibly injured body. He said it is very chakra intensive.
- In the anime version of Puella Magi Madoka Magica, after Charlotte took some damage and was restrained, she came out of her cute doll form's mouth as a worm thing. When Homura fights Charlotte's worm form, she tricked Charlotte into swallowing bombs. After at least one bomb exploded, Charlotte had a new worm body come out of her mouth (presumably trying to do this trope), however the new body still had the remaining bombs in it, and at least one of those exploded prompting Charlotte to have a new worm come out of her mouth again, this went on for a few times, and ended in Charlotte's death.
Web Comics[edit | hide]
- Schlock Mercenary had this as one of the contingencies for secret Laz'R'Us blood nannies: in case the head is lost or destroyed, the host is reassembled in a smaller "runt Super Soldier" form, which wakes up and hatches out of the body when ready. If it sounds like something looking really freaky, yes, it very much is.
- In The Amazing World of Gumball episode The Awareness, to Banana Joe's horror he sees a wet, hydrated, naked Gumball break out of a desiccated Gumball.
- At least one kind of crab can regrow its missing legs. However the regrown legs aren't usable until the crab molts its carapace (which leaves the crab squishy and vulnerable until its new carapace hardens). . Admittedly, the new legs are still smaller than their predecessors, but over the course of multiple molting growth spurts a smaller leg can catch up to the normal size .