Trope Workshop:High Heel Hurt
|This is a Trope Workshop page, still under consideration for creation.|
Help out by editing the current page, or leave a comment on the Talk page.
Trope Workshop Guidelines
This Trope page is a stub. You can help All The Tropes by expanding it.
High heels are arguably a quintessential part of being a woman. They're stylish, they give a normally short-statured woman a boost, and people wearing it tend to walk in a unique stride.
The problem with it: it hurts. On top of podiatrists and general practitioners dissuading females from wearing extremely high heels out of health and posture concerns, heels break easily, and that makes for a rather humiliating sight especially in a formal setting such as a party or a business meeting.
- 1 Advertising
- 2 Anime and Manga
- 3 Comic Books
- 4 Fan Works
- 5 Film
- 6 Literature
- 7 Live-Action TV
- 8 Music
- 9 New Media
- 10 Newspaper Comics
- 11 Professional Wrestling
- 12 Puppet Shows
- 13 Radio
- 14 Recorded and Stand Up Comedy
- 15 Tabletop Games
- 16 Theatre
- 17 Video Games
- 18 Visual Novels
- 19 Web Animation
- 20 Web Comics
- 21 Web Original
- 22 Western Animation
- 23 Other Media
- 24 Real Life
- In the third episode of the original Gunsmith Cats anime, Rally tries on, and staggers about unsteadily in, a pair of high-heeled shoes bought for her by Minnie May. Within a day or so, though, she's comfortable and adept enough to wear them in public at an award ceremony.
- The 2006 incarnation of Wonder Woman had Diana complain about the stilettos as part of the disguise Canary issued to her.
- In contrast to Elsa being very much used to strolling around (and running) in stilettos, her younger sister Anna is clearly uncomfortable with wearing them all day in Frozen II, when she took off her heels after the "Some Things Never Change" musical number.
- Daniel in Mrs. Doubtfire was incensed at the idea of high heels when he assumed the role of the title character, muttering that he'd kill the "misogynistic bastard" who invented them.
- As if running in high heels is uncomfortable enough, try running with high heels on ice as what this video discussing about Elsa's stiletto habit shows.
- During the party at Beacon in episodes 6 and 7 of RWBY Volume 2, Ruby has problems walking in high heels (and later fighting in them), and is visibly close to twisting her ankle at one point, after which she mutters, "How can Weiss fight in these things?"
- As mentioned in the intro, this is why podiatrists have from time to time either outright dissuaded or advised people not to wear high heels, or at least wear them only on occasion.
- Not only that it can hurt a person wearing it, it also causes damage to certain types of wooden floors as well, to the point that areas frequented by women end up looking like the surface of the moon due to the floors being peppered by indentations made by heels. This led to some areas, especially historical landmarks made of fragile antique materials, banning stilettos due to said concerns.