Trope Workshop:I Am Not Your Father
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This is a Trope Workshop page, still under consideration for creation.|
Help out by editing the current page, or leave a comment on the Talk page.
Trope Workshop Guidelines
This page needs a better description. You can help this wiki by expanding or clarifying the information given.
Examples of I Am Not Your Father include:
- In Disney's Hercules, after Hercules ends up smashing up a lot of stuff in town because he can't control his strength, his mortal father decides to tell him that he's adopted and gives him the medallion with the symbol of Zeus on it, which leads him to the temple.
- In Kung Fu Panda 2, Mr. Ping finally admits that he's not Po's actual father. Of course, everyone else already knew, but just didn't talk about it.
- Monty Python's Life of Brian:
Brian, Mr. Cohen wasn't your real father.
I never thought he was, Mum.
- Spock Prime (Leonard Nimoy) says this when mistaken as Spock's (Zachary Quinto), and thus his father in the 2009 Star Trek film.
- The protagonist has a moment like this at the end of Shades of Grey (though it's the result of illegitimacy, not adoption).
- Dragon Quest IV, at the beginning of the Hero's chapter.
- Dragon Quest V: None of the Heavenly Brides have real parents, and are actually descendants of Zenithians.
- Super Mario RPG: Frogfucius dramatically reveals to Mallow: "You...are not a frog!" (Since Mallow is a walking cloud creature, the audience isn't surprised.)
- Everyone else at Tadpole Pond is shocked. Complete with scare chords accompanying the reveal.