Trope Workshop:Time to Streak
|This is a Trope Workshop page, still under consideration for creation.|
Help out by editing the current page, or leave a comment on the Talk page.
Trope Workshop Guidelines
|This page needs some cleaning up to be presentable.|
What does the first part of the first sentence mean?
As one knows about the act of streaking (running around naked), yet there has been cases when someone goes for it for whatever reasons. This can be on purpose as a prank or dare, but it can also by accident, i.e. when clothes are missing for some reason. Some streakers can chose to show off their whole bodies while others opts for a Hand or Object Underwear often if by accident. This can also by the case in the event of Scenery Censor, where it's left up to the viewers.
Don't Try This At Home as it can become a problem with the law.
This Trope page is a stub. You can help All The Tropes by expanding it.
- 1 Advertising
- 2 Anime and Manga
- 3 Comic Books
- 4 Fan Works
- 5 Film
- 6 Literature
- 7 Live-Action TV
- 8 Music
- 9 New Media
- 10 Newspaper Comics
- 11 Oral Tradition, Myths and Legends
- 12 Pinball
- 13 Podcasts
- 14 Professional Wrestling
- 15 Puppet Shows
- 16 Radio
- 17 Recorded and Stand Up Comedy
- 18 Tabletop Games
- 19 Theatre
- 20 Video Games
- 21 Visual Novels
- 22 Web Animation
- 23 Web Comics
- 24 Web Original
- 25 Western Animation
- 26 Other Media
- 27 Real Life
Advertising[edit | hide | hide all]
- In the second Rush Hour film, Hong Kong Police Force Chief Inspector Lee (Jackie Chan) and LAPD Detective James Carter (Chris Tucker) are forced to run in rush hour traffic, with only newspapers covering them up.
Video Games[edit | hide]
- Many Planet Dolan True Stories contains cases where redditors even engaged or witnessing a random case of someone in the nude.
- In the third "Treehouse of Horror" segment of The Simpsons, "Clown Without Pity", Homer is chased out of the bathtub by a possessed Krusty Doll and runs in front of Marge, who was with her sisters, Patty and Selma. The former quips:
There goes the last lingering thread of my heterosexuality
- Family Guy episode, "Don't Make Me Over" Stewie is dared by Brian to run around in the mall naked. Stewie takes the dare and yells,
Help! I've escaped from Kevin Spacey's basement!
- Just in case you don't know, streaking was a fad in the United States (and elsewhere) during the 1970s, leading to the Ray Stevens song cited above.
- In 1974, a man named Robert Opel managed to get backstage at the Academy Awards and ran nude across the stage behind actor David Niven as he was about to introduce Elizabeth Taylor. Despite Niven's quip, quoted at the top of the page, Opel briefly became a celebrity and he was even hired to streak at a Hollywood party on at least one occasion. In 1976 he ran for President of the United States, and used the slogans "Nothing to Hide" and "Not Just Another Crooked Dick".