Trope Workshop:We All Do It Together
|This is a Trope Workshop page, still under consideration for creation.|
Help out by editing the current page, or leave a comment on the Talk page.
Trope Workshop Guidelines
This Trope page is a stub. You can help All The Tropes by expanding it.
Several people all take part in some critical action by taking hold of or operating a weapon or object -- normally used only by a single person -- that is key to the action. This can be symbolic -- an "All for one and one for all!" moment -- or practical (combining physical or mystic strength either to boost results, or when no one person among them is currently strong enough to use the item by themselves).
Depending on the implement and the situation, this can be a subtrope of Improbable Use of a Weapon. When it's not a weapon or a magical artifact, it's frequently a Big Electric Switch or Big Red Button.
Please note: This is not "several people do something that it always takes several people to do". Nor is it "multiple people join together to accomplish something that one person can't do by themselves". "Examples" which boil down to one of these two situations will be deleted with prejudice.
- 1 Advertising
- 2 Anime and Manga
- 3 Comic Books
- 4 Fan Works
- 5 Film
- 6 Literature
- 7 Live-Action Television
- 8 Music
- 9 New Media
- 10 Newspaper Comics
- 11 Oral Tradition, Myths and Legends
- 12 Pinball
- 13 Podcasts
- 14 Professional Wrestling
- 15 Puppet Shows
- 16 Radio
- 17 Recorded and Stand Up Comedy
- 18 Tabletop Games
- 19 Theatre
- 20 Video Games
- 21 Visual Novels
- 22 Web Animation
- 23 Web Comics
- 24 Web Original
- 25 Western Animation
- 26 Other Media
- 27 Real Life
- As seen in the page image, at the climax of the first season of the Sailor Moon anime, the spirits of the Sailor Senshi all join Usagi in casting through the Moon Wand by grasping the wand with her. (Unless you're watching the North American dub, in which case they weren't dead, they were just waiting off-screen for the right moment to return.)
- In the Harry Potter fanfic The Arithmancer, Harry and Ron join Hermione in driving the basilisk fang through Riddle's diary at the end of their second year.
- In this vignette from the unfinished Mega Crossover Girls, Girls, Girls, Skuld, Rin-rin and Kaolla Su together throw a massive switch to activate an improved and empowered Robe system for the Otome of Mai-Otome.
- In chapter 65 of the How to Train Your Dragon/real!history crossover fic A Thing of Dragons, Ruffnut (still recovering from giving birth to twins) and her liegeman Einar kill a berserking would-be assassin by driving a knife into his guts together.
- At the climactic moment of Remember, a Harry Potter fic by sbmcneil, Harry and Ginny together run Voldemort through with Salazar Slytherin's sword.
- At the end of Krull, Colwyn and Lyssa jointly use the flame from their wedding ritual as a weapon to defeat the Beast, firing and directing it together.
- Doctor Who, "Arachnids in the UK", the fourth adventure of the 13th Doctor, ends with the Doctor, Graham, Yaz and Ryan all grasping the lever that activates the TARDIS and pulling it as one to symbolize their active decision to travel together.
- In episode 13 of She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, all of the princesses use She-Ra's Sword of Protection to launch a decisive combined attack against the Horde.