Trope Workshop:You Have Been Warned
|This is a Trope Workshop page, still under consideration for creation.|
Help out by editing the current page, or leave a comment on the Talk page.
Trope Workshop Guidelines
This Trope page is a stub. You can help All The Tropes by expanding it.
A classic Stock Phrase -- to the point that it became a Predefined Message on The Other Tropes Wiki and here, afterward. It is effectively a punctuation mark upon a description of the terrors or troubles ahead of you, should you continue along the path you have chosen. Usually some helpful and/or knowledgeable individual will list everything the hero (and his friends, if any) will face if they proceed, in either terrifyingly vague terms or excruciating detail. And when the hero decides to go ahead anyway -- well, it's both a way of saying "I Told You So" before anything happens and the verbal equivalent of throwing one's hands up in disgust at the pigheadedness of some people.
Regardless, when you hear someone say this to you, there's only one thing you should do: be very sure you want to continue.
- 1 Advertising
- 2 Anime and Manga
- 3 Comic Books
- 4 Fan Works
- 5 Film
- 6 Literature
- 7 Live-Action TV
- 8 Music
- 9 New Media
- 10 Newspaper Comics
- 11 Oral Tradition, Myths and Legends
- 12 Pinball
- 13 Podcasts
- 14 Professional Wrestling
- 15 Puppet Shows
- 16 Radio
- 17 Recorded and Stand Up Comedy
- 18 Tabletop Games
- 19 Theatre
- 20 Video Games
- 21 Visual Novels
- 22 Web Animation
- 23 Web Comics
- 24 Web Original
- 25 Western Animation
- 26 Other Media
- 27 Real Life
- Meta-example: When a character asks a question and the reply is the Stock Phrase that translates as "Do you really want to know?", the first character Has Been Warned that they might not like the answer.
- In Chapter 5 of the Real Person Fic Just Taken, after being told about what happened to Melanie, Aceso had explained how her sister, Iaso, had warned about the interrogation style treatments for anyone with an eating disorder at Olympus Multi-Diagnosis and Treatment Centre. Later, Dave, an orderly, had warned Alife to stay out of any session that Melanie was in. Of course, Alife ignores this, causing a scene that puts Melanie further harm, forcing the usage of medication despite her requests not to do so.
Well, I did warn him to stay out of it. It’s his fault now.
Oral Tradition, Myths and Legends
- TV Tropes: To the point that the counterpart there to This Very Page lists the distractions and dangers of visiting its various namespaces, such as Nightmare Fuel, Darth Wiki and even the Sugar Wiki; it then ended with this: