True Companions/Professional Wrestling
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The Four Horsemen: Specifically, the original iteration with Ric Flair, Arn and Ole Anderson, and Tully Blanchard. Arn Anderson said in Flair's autobiography that the Horsemen became a "full-blown shoot".
- The Kliq: Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Sean Waltman/the 1-2-3 Kid, and Triple H. Probably the best-known True Companionship in wrestling after the Horsemen.
- The OMEGA Clique: Matt and Jeff Hardy, Gregory Helms, Shannon Moore, and prior to her break-up with Matt, Lita. This also applies to Matt & Jeff's onscreen relationship in the WWE run. Obviously, because they're really brothers, but even when the two have had feuds (at one point, Matt was slated to reveal he started the Real Life fire that destroyed Jeff's home & killed his beloved dog, Jack), their issues have been resolved the moment someone tried to injure the other.
- The WWE locker room as a whole - When one of them falls, such as Owen Hart or Eddie Guerrero, they can all be seen to be hurting and will put the storylines on hold to pay tribute to their fallen comrade.
- The entire wrestling business has been described numerous times as "one of the largest fraternities in the world". There's a reason why "brother" is such a common epithet (and no, not just because of Hulk Hogan) and why wrestlers band together so tightly against outsiders.
- Back to True Companions