"Well, that's another nice mess you've gotten me into!"
Two funny guys who travel around the world (often in the Hollywood Atlas version), and though often at odds with each other are ultimately inseparable. They take on various odd jobs, Short Cons and capers, often to pay off their debts. They can go flat broke even quicker.
They often will have to compete for the affections of one local girl who assists them in their escapades.
- Ran and Meow from Kazemakase Tsukikage Ran are female versions of this.
Literature[edit | hide]
- George and Lenny from Of Mice and Men.
- Flaubert gave us Bouvard et Pécuchet who are more or less this.
- "Con" Kidder and "Kid" Conner in The Red Mill.
- Vladimir and Estragon in Waiting for Godot.
Web Comics[edit | hide]
- Griffen and Molly from the webcomic Dicebox are a prime example of this trope.