The Serpent King and the Main Antagonist of the Crossover series.
- Animal Motif - The serpent, of course. If you look carefully, you can see the eight heads hidden all over his armor.
- BADASS - We cannot stress this enough. His entire storyline in Warriors Orochi is basically dedicated to making everyone else his bitch to prove it.
- Bishonen Line - You would think he looks like that eight-headed snake monster, wouldn't you? And let us not speak of Orochi X...
- Blood Knight
- Death Seeker - As of the second installment. This is even lampshaded by Keiji.
- Mismatched Eyes
- One-Winged Angel: Orochi X
- Purposefully Overpowered: Usually the final character to be unlocked and is generally one of the more powerful characters.
- Sealed Evil in a Can - He was one.
- Sinister Scythe - His weapon, which also falls into BFS and Serrated Blade of Pain at high levels.
- Worthy Opponent - He summoned warriors from all over the ages to find one.
- Cool Big Sis - To Himiko
- Cute Monster Girl
- Enemy Mine - In the third game, she works with the Resistance to take down the Hydra, which she doesn't acknowledge as the true Orochi. Of course, she's just using this opportunity to try and revive the real Orochi.
- For the Evulz
- Improbable Weapon User - Her two levitating marbles.
- Master of Illusion
- Metaphorically True - Da Ji never outright lies - she omits important parts of the truth a lot, and can be misleading, but she never says anything that's blatantly false. This may have something to do with how foxes in both Chinese and Japanese myths are unable to lie. That makes her skills as military strategist all the more impressive. Taigong Wang even states that she can't be trusted because she's not being ENTIRELY truthful, but at no point does he claim she's lying, just that she's keeping her own motives largely to herself.
- Parental Bonus - Her fighting style? Literally playing with big balls. She also has a tramp stamp just above her crotch.
- Red Right Hand - Her feet are actually paws.
- Smug Snake
- The Vamp
- Twin Threesome Fantasy: Invokes this in a Dream Stage, forcing Sun Ce and Da Qiao to fight an imposter Da Qiao, lampshading this trope in the process. Neither Sun Ce or the real Da Qiao are amused.
Legendary Chinese strategist. Serves as the head strategist for the good guys.
- Big Good - Normally plays this role.
- Historical Beauty Update - Wasn't Taigong Wang supposed to be an old man...?
- Improbable Weapon User - A Fishing Rod.
- Purple Eyes
- The Rival - To Da Ji.
- Shock and Awe
- The Strategist
- White-Haired Pretty Boy
The first emperor of China. Sides with Wu.
- Authority Equals Asskicking - He was the first emperor of China, and is a badass who can smash people around with his giant sword.
- Brother-Sister Incest - With Nu Wa.
- Nice Guy: Of the Mystics, he's almost devoid of any smugness or haughtiness, and with the exception of Orochi and his followers (for obvious reasons), he's otherwise courteous to a fault.
- The Obi-Wan - To Sakon Shima.
The first empress of China, now sided with Wei.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Brother-Sister Incest - With Fu Xi.
- Detached Sleeves
- Eyes of Gold
- Hot Chick with a Sword
- An Ice Person
- Our Angels Are Different
- Royal Rapier - Her sword.
- Smug Super: Somewhat. She starts to drop this around Cao Cao after he makes it clear it's pissing him off in the second game.
- White-Haired Pretty Girl
Legendary samurai and swordsman of the Genji clan, was resurrected by Kiyomori, but defected from the Orochi troops.
- Anachronism Stew - He has a Lightsaber.
- Badass: Not only for historical reasons, the very first time we see him, he holding his own against LU BU.
- Distracted by the Sexy - Upon confronting Ayane, his eyes end up slipping in the third game. It's something of a recurring gag, as this happens to him in the second game and he gets noticeably flustered.
- Laser Blade Below The Shoulder
- Leeroy Jenkins - He's pretty gung-ho.
- Master Swordsman - Though his Implausible Fencing Powers are justified by his laser blade.
- The Rival - Kiyomori ...and later Lu Bu.
Tyrannical leader of the Heike and sorcerer, was hired by Orochi. He summoned several warriors to aid him.
- Badass: Enough so Yoshitsune considered him a Worthy Opponent in life, and he only became more so after being revived and turned into a demon.
- Bald of Evil
- Half Human Hybrid: His body was revived and fused with a demon, and is described as being half and half.
- Improbable Weapon User - Prayer beads. Not so improbable though considering their sheer size.
- Master of Illusion
- Smug Snake
- The Rival - To Yoshitsune
The legendary Monkey King, was summoned by Kiyomori to do Orochi's bidding.
- Badass - Well, duh...
- Doppelganger Attack
- Everything Is Better With Monkeys
- Face Heel Turn - One of the few works to depict him as a villain instead of The Hero. Wukong was freed by Kiyomori, thus putting him in such great debt that he'd avoid his travel with San Zang.
- Punch Clock Villain - Works for Orochi, but only because he was summoned by Kiyomori.
- Simple Staff - His Extendable staff.
The Shaman Queen and the first legendary Empress of Japan.
- Attack Drone - How her weapons work. She has a technique where she is able to make two more to further enhance them.
- Glass Cannon - Has both incredible attack range and power, but isn't quite good at taking a hit. When you face her during story mode, whoever attacks first wins. Woe to you if she manages to hit you with her Musou attack, cause you just lost the battle, hard.
- Improbable Weapon User - Clay Dogu. They shoot danmaku at that.
- Naive Newcomer
- Token Good Teammate - In the Orochi forces.
Dodomeki and Gyuki
Demonic mooks serving Orochi, they're now playable characters.
- The Atoner - In the third game, their dialogue in the camp upon unlocking them indicates that they were press-ganged into serving the Resistance to atone for their crimes. For their part, they aren't exactly complaining.
- The Brute - Gyuki, who's also the largest playable character ever shown.
- Carry a Big Stick - Gyuki beats down enemies with a small (compared to him) club.
- Elite Mooks
- Full Boar Action - Despite his name, Gyuki looks like a giant boar demon (Gyuki means demon bull).
- I Am a Humanitarian - Implied by one of Gyuki's line.
Gyuki:" I'll enjoy having you for dinner!"
- Non-Indicative Name: Dodomeki means "one hundred eyed demon" but he's more like a Cyclops. Also Gyuki, as seen above.
- Obake - In japanese folklore, Dodomeki is a female wraith with eyes over her arms, while Gyuki (or Ushi Oni) is a demonic beast whose descriprion depends on the source. Furthermore the various Dodomeki mooks in the Japanese version have youkai's names.
- Power Fist- Dodomeki, who specifically uses Kotaro's moveset.
Yoshitsune's faithful retainer, summoned by the Orochi forces.
- Gentle Giant
- Hollywood Cyborg - His giant mechanical arm.
- Power Fist - Carries a lot of weapons on his back (just like in legends) but his Weapon of Choice is a mechanical wooden arm.
- Token Good Teammate - In the Dream Battles featuring him, his original plan was to find his lord, Yoshitsune, but since he stumbled upon Da Ji and Himiko first, completely oblivious of who they actually are, he is forced to fight against him.
The Moon Princess of Japanese Mythology. She's trying to use her powers to stop Orochi.
- Green Thumb - She can make bamboo appear from the ground to beat up some peons. Considering the character she's based on...
- Frickin' Laser Beams - Her mirrors shoots out lasers to attack.
- Humans Are Special - A firm believer in this.
- Improbable Weapon User - A sakaki branch, summoned bamboo and a bunch of mirrors that shoot lasers.
- Light'Em Up
- Shrinking Violet - Kai even tries to make her loosen up on her formality and be more open and spunky.
- Time Master - Her ability to travel through time is a major part of the plot of the third game.
- Yamato Nadeshiko
The King of the Oni demons, serves as a wild card in Orochi army. He's looking for his identity.
- Drunken Master
- Epic Flail - How he uses his Gourd for the most part.
- Horned Humanoid - Comes with being a Oni.
- Mismatched Eyes
- Punch Clock Villain - He serves Orochi, but will often leave his own troops on a whim, and isn't really interested in Orochi's plans.
- Quest for Identity
- Swiss Army Weapon - His Gourd is not only a flail, but can also function as a cannon.
- Tomato in the Mirror - He learns late in the game that he is the remnant of Orochi's humanity. Taigong Wang helps him forge his own identity afterward.
A robotic-like being serving Susano'O.
- Badass - Capable of inflicting The Worf Effect on Lu Bu and Achilles.
- Blood Knight - Even tells Kaguya that his life would be meaningless without strong opponents to fight.
- Came Back Wrong - A mild example. Susano'o brought him back from the dead, but forgot to bring back his emotions. He seems to be slowly getting them back (or relearning them) later on, though.
- Cyborg - Modified his own body in order to gain ultimate power.
- The Dragon/The Lancer - To Susano'o
- Expy - Yep, apparently he came from TRON.
- Face Heel Turn - In a sense. Once he ran out of power and Susanoo didn't even bother to recharge him, Wukong, as an old friend, brought him to Kiyomori to be recharged with his magic, and Nezha now sides with Kiyomori, spotted with Wukong nearly every time.
- Fan Nickname - Due to his resemblance in personality, his nickname is "Tron Hui".
- Improbable Weapon User - Rings.
- Ridiculously Human Robot
- Anachronism Stew
- The Rival - To Lu Bu.
- White-Haired Pretty Boy - Pink haired, actually.
- Curtains Match the Window - Pink hair and eyes, although his eyes look more red than pink in cutscenes.
The God of Storms, bent on stopping Orochi.
- A God Am I - And a God he is!
- Blow You Away
- Cool Sword - That one in his hand? Yup, that's the Kusanagi.
- It's Personal - Believes he's the only one capable of stopping Orochi and Hydra.
- Knight Templar - Sadly, the above mentioned trait makes him one.
- Purposefully Overpowered: He's amongst the final characters to be unlocked and is about as powerful as Orochi X.
- Scary Black Man
- Smug Super - Believes that the puny humans are too weak to properly deal with Orochi until the True Ending.
- Top-Heavy Guy - His shoulders are noticeably broader than his hips.
Member of the Dragon Clan and The Hero of the Ninja Gaiden series. Whisked away to the WO universe while pursuing a demon before the events of Ninja Gaiden 3 and being the evil-hunting Badass ninja he is, set his sights to stop Kiyomori.
- Cool Sword - His Dragon Sword.
- Lightning Bruiser - Has the mobility of a Speed-type character, but is actually Power-type, so he shrugs off regular attacks and hits hard.
- Ninja - But of course!
- Spinning Piledriver - His first-tier launcher finisher is his Izuna Drop. He can even do it to the huge Gyuki officers. It's every bit as awesome as it sounds.
- Worthy Opponent - Considers Hanzo as one, since in his time, he probably is more savvy about Ninja history.
The head of the Iga ninja... I couldn't ask for a more worthy opponent.
The Maid of Orleans and French heroine. While tending to wounded French soldiers, some of them were whisked away into the WO universe and Jeanne tried saving them, only to stumble there and eventually helps out the Resistance.
- Blade on a Stick
- I Owe You My Life - She sides with the Resistance in order to save Magoichi, who in the original timeline sacrificed himself to save her.
- Lady of War
- Took a Level in Badass - In Bladestorm, she was simply a commander. In this game, she's actually capable of fighting by herself.
Greek Hero of the Trojan war, an invincible warrior whose only weakness is his heel. Stumbling upon the WO universe on his own, he fights for his own glory and sided with Orochi in the same vein of Lu Bu, trying to find worthy fights.
- Achilles' Heel - Trope Namer, but in this game, averted. You can't hit his heel, but he goes down just fine if you pound him enough in any body part.
- Badass - Of course, he is the bonafide Greek Badass, and he'll make sure you don't forget it.
- Blood Knight - Serves Da Ji merely for the enjoyment of getting blood on his sword. The guy's possibly an even bigger blood knight than Lu Bu!
- Charles Atlas Superpower: Ginchiyo and Yoshihiro both struggle to block a one-handed attack from him. Justified, as he DOES have a divine origin.
- Jerkass - Achilles does NOT get along with anyone in-story. While under the game system he does have characters with which he has affinity, in-story he's an insufferable, condescending asshole.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me - One of the few characters to use a shield. He can block with it, but it's no different than blocking with any other character, it's merely cosmetic.
- Mighty Glacier - Not as fast as other characters, but he hits like a freight train and takes it like a man.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed - Based physically upon the Brad Pitt portrayal in Troy.
- Talking to Himself - Possibly, since he is voiced by the same guy who voiced Cao Pi.