Winona Ryder is an actress famous for playing kooky, slightly awkward characters in a number of movies. Some of her most famous roles have been the Love Interest of Edward Scissorhands in the titular movie, Susanna Kaysen in Girl, Interrupted, Veronica Sawyer in Heathers and, most recently, a starring role in The Private Lives of Pippa Lee (2009) and a supporting role in Black Swan (2010). She was involved with the actor Johnny Depp for three years before they later split, and was linked with Matt Damon in the early Noughties.
- Actor Shipping: Dated Edward Scissorhands co-star Johnny Depp for three years, as mentioned above.
- Bifauxnen: in her teenage years especially, but also in Girl, Interrupted and, to a lesser extent, in Beetlejuice.
- Brainy Brunette: Subverted in that she's a natural blonde -- as seen in Edward Scissorhands -- who's been dyeing her hair black since Beetlejuice (at least).
- Brown Eyes
- If It's You It's Okay: For Kate Winslet, at least at one point. No one blames her.
- Nerds Are Sexy: Has fantastic tastes in literature, mostly 1920's American expatriate and 1960's beat culture (her parents were close friends of Allen Ginsberg.)
- Never Live It Down: Getting busted for shoplifting thousands of dollars worth of clothes. Subverted in that it actually (albeit briefly) resurrected her career.
- Older Than They Look: Look at the picture. Would You think she was forty?
- Perky Goth
- Shiny Midnight Black: Pre-Friends cameo.
- Tim Burton
- We Used to Be Friends: With Gwyneth Paltrow
- The Woobie