Would Hit a Girl/Playing With
Basic Trope: A male character has no moral compunctions about hitting women.
- Straight: Eric, an Action Hero, has to face Ramona and her Amazon Brigade. He doesn't hold back against them.
- Exaggerated: Eric makes sure to avoid getting the men he fights too hurt but always does his best to disfigure and permanently disable the women he fights.
- Justified: Ramona and her henchwomen are clearly stronger than Eric, thus holding back against them would warrant his defeat.
- Eric believes in gender equality and as such will treat females opponents exactly the same as if they were male.
- Downplay: Eric would attack women in a food fight, as they're fair game there.
- Inverted: Wouldn't Hit a Girl
- Subverted: Eric confronts Ramona's crew and considers fighting them, but deciedes not to.
- Double Subverted: But when they knock him around awhile, he attacks them.
- Parodied: 'Hitting' amounts to noogies, pantsying, and wet willies. Ramona and her minions are defeated all the same.
- Deconstructed: Even if it was self-defense, Eric is viewed In-Universe as a Complete Monster for daring to beat up a girl.
- Reconstructed: No one likes Ramona and her crew, Eric is treated as a hero..
- Zig Zagged: Eric always evaluates his opponent's potential before entering a battle. Depending on their strength he either accepts or refuses the challenge.
- Averted: Eric never has to face female opponents.
- Enforced: "Male and female characters going all out makes for better fight scenes."
- Lampshaded: "Challenge me at your own risk, Ramona. I'm not going to hold back because of your ovaries."
- Invoked: Eric is specifically assigned to bring down Ramona's brigade because of his attitude.
- Exploited: Ryona
- Defied: "Ramona, you're a woman and I'm not going to abase myself with battling you. Surrender quietly or I'll call Marian to take care of you and your girls."
- Discussed: "You wouldn't hit a girl would you?" (One Single-Stroke Battle later) "I would."
- Conversed: "How could Eric hit Ramona?! I thought he was The Hero of this story!" "He is! Ramona's a villain!
- Played For Laughs: Slapstick Knows No Gender
- Played For Drama: Eric delivers a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown to Ramona and her minions, then his teammates wonder who real the villain is, allowing Ramona to deliver a scathing Hannibal Lecture.
Back to the Main Article.