This Work page is a stub. You can help All The Tropes by expanding it.
Zack Snyder's Justice League is the 2021 director's cut of the 2017 film Justice League. It has more emphasis on character development with the score by Junkie XL restored and is more coherent with Snyder's previous DC films. It received better reviews than the theatrical cut. It was released on HBO Max. Most of the footage for the Snyder Cut was restored from an early editor's assembly cut of the film with a small amount of footage filmed in 2020 for consistency.
This page needs a better description. You can help this wiki by expanding or clarifying the information given.
- Adaptation Expansion: Due to the Snyder Cut being four hours long, the film is deeper.
- Adapted Out: The Russian family isn't in the Snyder Cut compared to the Whedon Cut.
- Alternate Continuity: Snyder confirmed that this film doesn't take place in the mainline DCEU.
- Ascended Meme: In the trailers, Jared Leto's Joker says, "We live in a society". It was improvised by Jared Leto himself.
- Big Bad: Steppenwolf.
- Bigger Bad: Darkseid.
- Bloodier and Gorier: The Snyder Cut is notably more violent than the theatrical cut, such as where Steppenwolf cuts an Amazon in half.
- The Cameo:
- Martian Manhunter, the true identity of Calvin Swanwick appears in two scenes.
- Granny Goodness appeared briefly alongside Darkseid and Desaad.
- Darker and Edgier: It has less humor than the theatrical cut and has it's original coloring.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Silas Stone died by a Mother Box to help save Cyborg's life from Steppenwolf.
- Immediate Sequel: The beginning shows Superman's sonic scream being heard from the end of Batman v. Superman.
- In Case You Forgot Who Wrote It: The film has Zack Snyder's name in the title to prevent confusion for the Whedon Cut.
- Nightmare Sequence: Batman has one again. This time, he teams up with the Joker, Mera, Cyborg, Deathstroke and the Flash.
- Precision F-Strike: Quite a few were used in this film, notably by Batman in the Knightmare scene. "Make no mistake, I will fucking kill you."
- Spared by the Adaptation: The plane used by the Justice League is still active compared to the Whedon Cut.
- Time Travel: The Flash uses this to resurrect Superman and stop Steppenwolf from destroying the Russian city.