Discworld/I Shall Wear Midnight/Awesome
- "By the blinking of my eyes, something wicked this way dies."
- Anyone who wasn't positively FLOORED by the surprise appearance of Eskarina Smith is clearly not a long-time fan. My jaw was on the floor when the dime dropped...
- Alas, many of us were spoiled long before the book even came out.
- "My mother has a spinning wheel". Suddenly, we remember that this is the same Roland that went To Hell and Back and left a trail of destruction in his wake.
- Wee Mad Arthur successfully arresting the rest of the Feegles.
- Tiffany's defeat of the Cunning Man.
- Tiffany kicking the ass of Mr Petty.
- Letitia trapping the Cunning Man with a book press.
- Letitia's ghostbusting skills in general. And she's so matter-of-fact about it, too!
- We learn that Granny faced the Cunning Man when she was Tiffany's age and banished him in her turn. When asked about it she's completely nonchalant, though not very helpful in providing tips. Sadly we never get to learn the circumstances of the Cunning Man's defeat that time, but what's the betting that they were completely awesome?
- Granny Weatherwax's pep talk:
‘If you have let pride get the better of you, then you have already lost, but if you grab pride by the scruff of the neck and ride it like a stallion, then you may have already won. And now I think it’s time for you to prepare, Miss Tiffany Aching. Do you have a plan for the morning?’
‘Yes. Not to lose.’
‘That’s a good plan.’
- And a posthumous Moment of Awesome for the unnamed young woman (witch? who knows?) who'd originally given the Cunning Man a taste of his own flames.