All The Tropes:About
All The Tropes is a wiki where we discuss the trends and patterns in all forms of media, that we call Tropes. We're a place to hang out and chat about the television shows you love, a place to discover new movies to watch, and a place to offer literary criticism and analysis of pop culture. And we're happy that you want to be a part of our community.
If you're looking for the help section, it's over at Help:Editing.
New User Guides
- Contact us - Give us feedback about the site
- All The Tropes:Community Portal - Where you can find stuff that needs done.
- History - How we got started
- The Contributors
- Troper IRC Channel - One of the many ways to communicate with staff and other tropers.
- Who we are - The staff of the site, unpaid as we are, and wiki philosophy
- What we aren't - What All The Tropes is not.
- Terms of Service -- What you agree to by editing this site.
- General disclaimer -- What you agree to by just using the site.
- Policy for Wiki Staff -- Rules aren't just for editors.
- Copyright Details - our Creative Commons license, and a FAQ on what is allowable here on ATT.
- Content Dumps - our policy on mirroring our content on other sites or for personal use.
- FAQ for Creators -- Creators of works have a special relationship with their work
- Language policy: Default language for submitting examples and for reading All The Tropes and its affiliates.
- Forum Policy - Policy for using our on wiki forum.
- More stuff we need to move/import/rework from TVT administrivia
The Troper's Code
- ATT Glossary - Terms commonly bandied about on All The Tropes.
- ATT Namespaces - A guide to namespaces on All The Tropes.
- ATT SocialProfile Rules - Rules for using our SocialProfile enabled features.
- Loaded Trope Words - Words that have special connotations when used in trope titles.
- Trope Workshop Guidelines -- how to use the Trope Workshop (i.e. YKTTW) namespace to make new trope pages.
- What Page Types Mean - Short overview of page types.
Editing Policies and Style Guide
- Brevity Is Wit
- Content Guidelines
- Creator Page Guidelines
- Edit Reasons and Why You Should Use Them
- External Links Guide
- Flame Bait
- How to Pick A Good Image
- No Lewdness, No Prudishness
- How to Write An Example
- Strong Language Usage Rules
- Style Guide -- which does not actually have the weight of policy, but is listed here for convenience. Suggested writing tips; our house style.