Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The Pride and Prejudice shout outs.
- The best part being that in the epilogue, Sam is surprised to find that Jane's novel Pride and Extreme Prejudice is now dedicated to him.
- Young Sam's continuing obsession with poo.
- The titles of the children's books.
- The bathroom in Ramkin Hall, where the decorator had gone rather overboard with Faun motifs. As Sybil said, use of the bathroom when she was a child rather ensured that she wouldn't be shocked in later life.
- The explanation of the rules of crocket, which takes so long that (metaphorically presumably, but with Pratchett you never know), the universe ages and ends, a new universe is born, life evolves, a new Sam Vimes exists, and he's there just in time to hear the end.
- Early on, the explanation of why Vimes never argued with Sybil:
...because even when he thought he had won, it would later turn out, due to some magic unavailable to husbands, that he had been misinformed.