- The scene that proved that despite having plenty of raw power, it's her grasp of headology that makes Granny Weatherwax really dangerous:
Granny Weatherwax: Are you watching, Mrs Gogol? Are you watching real close?
- In short :Gogol threatens Granny with a Voodoo Doll of her, and Granny responds by shoving her arm in a brazier, causing the doll to burst into flames, while she's unhurt.
- Granny and Lilith are imprisoned in Lilith's mirrors. Lilith faces exactly the same choice as Granny does below. "She ran on through the endless reflections." But Granny has a better grip on her identity:
Granny Weatherwax: Where am I?
Death: Inside the mirror. ...
Granny Weatherwax: When can I get out?
Death: When you find the one that's real.
Granny Weatherwax: Is this a trick question?
Granny Weatherwax: This one. points to herself
- Vampires have risen from the dead, the grave and the crypt, but have never managed it from the cat.
- Also, Greebo scaring the living crap out of the "mousie" and the transformed horses.
- "And the trouble with small furry animals in a corner is that, just occasionally, one of them's a mongoose."